Issue setting up XM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue setting up XM

Ok so I wasn't sure where to post this, but I bought the mp3car xm box to hook this up to SD. Can' someone please help me, becuase the driver off their website has no install file to run? Am I missing something? How do I get this driver on to read the unit? Please help. Thanks
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...06-vw-gti.html

Snowperformance.net
    vwvortex.com

Originally posted by Autockr989 View Post
    Ok so I wasn't sure where to post this, but I bought the mp3car xm box to hook this up to SD. Can' someone please help me, becuase the driver off their website has no install file to run? Am I missing something? How do I get this driver on to read the unit? Please help. Thanks
    When you plug in the box, it should install something like "unknown device". Go to control panel, system, device manager, then select the unknown device, driver, update driver, choose the driver (something like that), the go find tghe one you downloaded.

Should work after that. I thought there was a setup direction file with the download.
    My opinion is my own.

Comment

Originally posted by danielkh View Post
      When you plug in the box, it should install something like "unknown device". Go to control panel, system, device manager, then select the unknown device, driver, update driver, choose the driver (something like that), the go find tghe one you downloaded.

Should work after that. I thought there was a setup direction file with the download.
      K, I went into the device manager found the xm module with the Caution ?mark. Hit update driver and it asks to go find driver on the internet or for me to find. I hit "no" and browsed for the driver. No driver is listed and I have the file on my desktop.

Snowperformance.net
      vwvortex.com

Comment

K, I went into the device manager found the xm module with the Caution ?mark. Hit update driver and it asks to go find driver on the internet or for me to find. I hit "no" and browsed for the driver. No driver is listed and I have the file on my desktop.
        Is it unzipped?
        My opinion is my own.

Comment

Is it unzipped?
          lol k my stupidity. got the driver installed. Haha. Next issue at hand. Can't find the "com" port I tried running "allcomm" in the command line perimenter and still doesn't find it. Any ideas?

Snowperformance.net
          vwvortex.com

Comment

Go back to your device manager...go under ports. It will be listed. If you cycle through the setup in SD (Don't do autofind or whatever it's called, it will fail), it will show up. Mine it is com 4
            My opinion is my own.

Comment

Go back to your device manager...go under ports. It will be listed. If you cycle through the setup in SD (Don't do autofind or whatever it's called, it will fail), it will show up. Mine it is com 4
              i'll go try. your the motha fukcin truth! for being so on top of this forum. We should cal you God_of_Sd_issues!

Snowperformance.net
              vwvortex.com

Comment

lol......thanks, but once I find out what is going on, I doubt I will be "living" here. The point of these forums is not to make the same mistakes as others. You just hit on one I already made.
                My opinion is my own.

Comment

lol......thanks, but once I find out what is going on, I doubt I will be "living" here. The point of these forums is not to make the same mistakes as others. You just hit on one I already made.
                  K it seems we are taking baby steps. I have very low volume coming out. I'm running the xm with a line in through My internal card. I'm using my turtle beach srm as my output card. I have very very low sound I tryed the line perimeter -routexmaudio. Nothing happened. How can I get the xm radio to output like my mp3's?

Snowperformance.net
                  vwvortex.com

Comment

First of all, I'm not familiar with that sound card, but I have seen similar....
                    Go back into setup for satellite, then there is something like force mute at the bottom of the list. Check that. Then go to mp3's, then back to satellite. Other option is to, while satellite is running, go to external apps and toggle full screen, open volume control and see is line in is muted, unmute or adjust volume. The other option is to just reboot after everything is set.

Oh yeah, make sure your sound card is set correctly under satellite setup.
                    My opinion is my own.

Comment

First of all, I'm not familiar with that sound card, but I have seen similar....
                      Go back into setup for satellite, then there is something like force mute at the bottom of the list. Check that. Then go to mp3's, then back to satellite. Other option is to, while satellite is running, go to external apps and toggle full screen, open volume control and see is line in is muted, unmute or adjust volume. The other option is to just reboot after everything is set.
                      k i'll try. I'm headed out. so if no luck i'll be posting again tommorrow. thanks again.

Snowperformance.net
                      vwvortex.com

Comment

Oh yeah, make sure your sound card is set correctly under satellite setup.
                        Ok, I checked everything and no luck. I'm going to try running another external soundcard I have laying around as my line in. I'm just curious what card you are using to be able to run both the xm and regular audio? And how is the sound quality of the xm through it?

Snowperformance.net
                        vwvortex.com

Comment

Ok, I checked everything and no luck. I'm going to try running another external soundcard I have laying around as my line in. I'm just curious what card you are using to be able to run both the xm and regular audio? And how is the sound quality of the xm through it?
                          Soundblaster Live External 24. I get engine noise on XM (minimal) but great on regular audio (mp3).
                          My opinion is my own.

Comment

Soundblaster Live External 24. I get engine noise on XM (minimal) but great on regular audio (mp3).
                            Have you tried a ground loop on the xm input line to help with the engine noise? Also, so I can clearly understand your hook up, front channel, rear channel, and sub channel to create 4.1 on the output. You have the xm with an 3.5mm jack on the input. I'm really considering just scraping the turtle beach due to the limited connectivity it has.

Snowperformance.net
                            vwvortex.com

Comment

I usually listen to comedy on XM and the noise isn't that noticable, so I haven't really tried anything other than ferrite cores on all the cables.

On the soundblaster, I only use front and rear for 4.1, then on the line out of the Kenwood speaker amp, I run to the subwoofer Kenwood amp.
                              My opinion is my own.

Comment

Working...
                              X