problem with speech?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with speech?

my carputer sound is run through a usd dac the hippo one , but i have a problem with the speech module , i have map point installed.

If a select say main modules , or select speech in the nav settings , my music will mute , as if the nav is sayng something , but there is no speech , nothing nada, and it wont say the major module names either , i have reinstalled map point and SD but its still the same ?

check to make sure the speech (not master) volume is not at 0 in the volume settings. This was the case for me.

Comment

hi thanks , but tried that....

Comment

so can onone think of a course of action to restore my lost speech? must be a new mute version of SD i have lol

Comment

This is going to sound strange.....but I had that same thing happen. What I did was copied all the streetdeck DVD onto a jumpdrive. Then installed (from the jumpdrive) custom mode, installed everything but infill, then run the 1.1.1.6 update immediately after loading. Started up and everything was back.

I have no idea why loading from the DVD killed my speech, but it did.
          My opinion is my own.

Comment

i loaded sd from my flash drive , and updated to 1.1.1.6 i have reinstalled it to , aw well maybe i will have it fixed in a month eh? lol

Comment

Originally posted by mrcgibb View Post
              i loaded sd from my flash drive , and updated to 1.1.1.6 i have reinstalled it to , aw well maybe i will have it fixed in a month eh? lol
              uninstall everything including acapela. The try again.

I think I did a restore back to before I had the problem if that is possible.
              My opinion is my own.

Comment

And just to be sure.....

after uninstalling or restoring, rename both streetdeck folders to something else (I use streetdecka, b, c, etc so I know which is which). That's in program files and my documents. If you have any streetdeck_1 _2 _3, etc., get rid of them.
                My opinion is my own.

Comment

Working...
                X