SD Navigation ETA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD Navigation ETA

Does anyone know how SD Nav ETA is estimated? Has anyone ever notice that its never correct? Went camping this week in the white mountains and I know its a 3hrs trip atleast and SD said it would take an hour 30 mins. How is this estimated and updated? Just looking to see how it works and its calculated and if theres a way to get a more realtime eta.
    "The text that you have entered is too long (12638 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long."

Dam it!

"The text that you have entered is too long (10418 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long."

I`m having some of the same issues. My problem is the other way around. If I`m on a known 3 hour trip, it could say ETA in 3 hour 50 mins.
    IMHO ETA is calculated based on roadspeeds. Have done some testing on this matter. I have put more accurate roadspeed now. Seems to be more correct, but not 100%
    Maybe I have to do more testing, and of course reading aswell.
    If I donīt remember it. It never happened

Comment

I see. I wonder how google maps, mapquest, and ms streets and trips does it.
      "The text that you have entered is too long (12638 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long."

Dam it!

"The text that you have entered is too long (10418 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long."

Comment

I dont know if you know this, but you have to manually put in roadspeeds in mappoint. You do this inside SD.

Comment

Yea I've put in the Road Speeds, but I think they are a bit high if a 3hr trip is taking an hr. lol

Dam it!

Comment

Nah. could be you are the unaware owner of a semi-time machine. LOL

Comment

haha, went camping this weekend and my friend was talking about how he perfected time travel. sleeping..... woke up and wow its 7hrs later.

Dam it!

Comment

Part of the problem is that it shows the ETA relative to midnight. That is an ongoing bug that hasn't been resolved yet...
                My old Worklog

Comment

Originally posted by froalskiner View Post
                  Part of the problem is that it shows the ETA relative to midnight. That is an ongoing bug that hasn't been resolved yet...
                  Que?

Dam it!

Comment

ignore last post sorry.

Dam it!

Comment

Originally posted by ViViper1 View Post
                      ignore last post sorry.
                      Yeah...It seemed like a simple fix...

current time+length of trip=ETA....but for some reason it shows 12:30am on a 30 minute trip no matter what time it is....
                      My old Worklog

Comment

Originally posted by ViViper1 View Post
                        haha, went camping this weekend and my friend was talking about how he perfected time travel. sleeping..... woke up and wow its 7hrs later.

Gotta say, that was hilarious, lol

Nice one
                        2003 Ford F-250 7.3L Diesel Crew Cab

Pictures of my truck, hobbies, and more HERE

Comment

Working...
                        X