Mappoint 2009 is coming out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mappoint 2009 is coming out

So i came across mappoint 2009 coming out in July (for those of you who dont know, SD comes with mappoint 2006).

I wonder if the next SD (whenever that is) will support this new version?

Any thoughts? Comments?

Originally posted by Sinabl View Post
    So i came across mappoint 2009 coming out in July (for those of you who dont know, SD comes with mappoint 2006).

Any thoughts? Comments?
    Sure it will. In 2012.

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

do you think we would be able to upgrade our embedded version with the new 2009 version?

Comment

Wonder if this is the announcement that everyone is waiting on. Microsoft had used SD in their demos before, I wonder if they bought/licensed the SD nav interface for mappoint 2009.

Comment

Few months ago an ms guy hinted in his blog about gui improvements being done to S&T (the consumer version of MP). If that's really true, the same improved gui would very likely appear in the new MapPoint 2009 in about a month from today. We shell see.

Comment

My wife and I went on vacation last week (OBX) and learned just how out of date the Map Point 2006 Points of Interests are...can't wait for MP 2009...but I guess I will have to wait for SD integration

Comment

StreeDeck can't even support its user base.
              I doubt seriously it will suport newer software.
              Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
              How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

SDteam cant even figure out how to get custom POI's to work even though they claimed they work (has anyone gotten it to work.....didnt think so) and this has gone on for years now. So to answer your question, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinabl View Post

Any thoughts? Comments?
                  Coming Soon!

Comment

I wonder if we could jimmy-rig something so that the base product is still Mappoint 2006 (which works with Streetdeck), but have the map data updated to the Mappoint 2009 data.

Maybe something like what was discussed here: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/road...2006-maps.html

Comment

Originally posted by bash1979 View Post
                      I wonder if we could jimmy-rig something so that the base product is still Mappoint 2006 (which works with Streetdeck), but have the map data updated to the Mappoint 2009 data.
                      I had hoped the same with MS Streets & Trips before too, prayerfully something like that might work. It could probably be tested now with another world version of Mappoint (e.g. Europe?).

Comment

Now that Mappoint 2009 is out, has anyone tried it yet (has anyone even acquire it yet?)

Comment

I don't think it's out, yet. The ETA was the end of July, if I recall correctly. I keep checking my MSDN downloads once every few days, but the last time I checked there only were the 2002, 2004, and 2006 versions available.

Comment

You're right, I got June 21st confused with July 21st

Comment

July 21st has come on and gone, here's crossing my fingers...

Comment

Working...
                              X