Fine, Talk is cheap. Visteon HD Radio Digimod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fine, Talk is cheap. Visteon HD Radio Digimod

$50 to the first person that gives me a Visteon HD digital mod using Mitch's serial control cable. $75 if you can make it look and work like the Boomzbox interface! Station info must show on all screens.

$50 sounds cheap and probably is.....but who else is willing to put up?

I am not asking anyone to crack SD's software, so don't go deleting the request. I am asking for a digital mod that allows Visteon support! If it happens to look just like SD Boomzbox software, then all the better.
    My opinion is my own.

after seeing the boomzboxHD at last weekends meet i can say that what ur askin of the visteon is all but impossible. I believe the boomzbox's hardware controls most of the buffer functions that make it so great. I've looked into creating a software solution for roadrunner but i honestly cant see how it could be done on the software side.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Link to this Boomzbox?
      2006 Lancer Evolution IX MR In-Dash PC Project - WIP

Planning:
      [----------] 100%
      Purchasing:
      [----------] 90%
      Installation/Fab/Assembly (Revised v2):
      [----------] 90%

Comment

there are threads in the streetdeck forum regarding it but the hardware is not yet available as far as i know. I just got the chance to play with it at a recent car meet because one of the developers brought a build.

Comment

Ah, I see. Thanks
          2006 Lancer Evolution IX MR In-Dash PC Project - WIP

Planning:
          [----------] 100%
          Purchasing:
          [----------] 90%
          Installation/Fab/Assembly (Revised v2):
          [----------] 90%

Comment

Originally posted by danielkh View Post
            $50 to the first person that gives me a Visteon HD digital mod using Mitch's serial control cable. $75 if you can make it look and work like the Boomzbox interface! Station info must show on all screens.

$50 sounds cheap and probably is.....but who else is willing to put up?
            I'll put in $30

Comment

It's not available yet. Months ago, the SD guys stopped providing updates. After almost a year from when I placed my order, I just cancelled it.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                It's not available yet. Months ago, the SD guys stopped providing updates. After almost a year from when I placed my order, I just cancelled it.
                We're asking for someone third party to make an addon. I wouldn't give SD people $10.

Welcome back Kalt!
                My opinion is my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
                  after seeing the boomzboxHD at last weekends meet i can say that what ur askin of the visteon is all but impossible. I believe the boomzbox's hardware controls most of the buffer functions that make it so great. I've looked into creating a software solution for roadrunner but i honestly cant see how it could be done on the software side.
                  I'm not really that interested in the recording (pause/rewind/etc.) capabilities. I'm more interested in the slider type station index and I want the station info on all screens.

This is about all I am really looking for (and of course side bands). Again not asking for anyone to break copywrite laws and hack SD itself. Picture is only for example....
                  Attached Files
                  My opinion is my own.

Comment

Hell, I'll kick in a 20 spot, just to see money go somewhere other than SD/MP3Car
                    2005 Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe Black/Black
                    Core Duo CarPC
                    CarDomain page

Comment

Welcome back Kalt!
                      Thanks. I'll up my contribution to $50

Comment

oh well if ur not looking for the buffering then i bet someone will indeed come up with a digimod for it. Too bad you dont use RR, creating a slider like that would be a simple matter of some flash scripting.

Comment

I use both. But lately I am finding I use RR more and more and SD less and less. People take too long on the announcement, I might just not care anymore.
                          My opinion is my own.

Comment

I use both. But lately I am finding I use RR more and more and SD less and less. People take too long on the announcement, I might just not care anymore.

HUH????? Say it ain't so say it ain't so

P.S

The pic in your avatar is that a clean room your in, or a white ninja suit your wearing? I'm betting on ninja suit
                            My Install

Comment

Since I installed hd radio, I have to run rr. Since that started, I have gotten everything to work, like temp sensors, speed guages, gps weather, zipcode updates. Heck, right now the only problems I have is net radio wipes out hd presets and gps gas prices kills rr (I use iguidance 4 and I hear that's a problem).

Once those 2 are fixed, and I figure out google earth to get my sat nav back, rr will "win". Lol
                              My opinion is my own.

Comment

Working...
                              X