No announcement yet.

iPhone now with tethering for mobile access

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone now with tethering for mobile access

Hey all,

Just wanted to let those of you with iPhones know that there is a new app for the iPhone called NetShare that allows sharing the iPhone's EDGE or 3G connection with a computer via WiFi.

This is good news, because it should allow those of us with iPhones to have an always-on connection in the car for no additional monthly cost (provided that ATT doesn't find out and bill you for tethering, perhaps). Those with 3G iPhones will have a pretty dang fast connection.

There are instructions for connecting the iPhone to a Windows box here

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

link doesn't work for me

please please get the link back!!!!

I just read that they pulled the app from the appstore, supposedly they reposted but i can't find it.

I got it from the store last night by searching for it. Coupled with a socks5 proxy it works great. It is very fast (for a mobile connection) and easy to set up.
          The Car 2005 Scion xB

The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

this app was pulled again.. which really sucks.. cos I would get a iphone for this
            Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Originally posted by strohj View Post
              this app was pulled again.. which really sucks.. cos I would get a iphone for this
              I even emailed nullriver, and got no response. boooooo

My old Worklog

I received an email back from nullriver last night, saying that they are still unsure why it was pulled again and will have a better answer on their website. This sux

Man the lack of tethering was the ONLY thing stopping me from buying an iPhone, if app continues to be sold I be picking up an iPhone FO SHO....
                    My Install