Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone changed from Streetdeck to Centrafuse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Has anyone changed from Streetdeck to Centrafuse?

    I was just curious to know how many people have switched from Streetdeck to Centrafuse in the past few months. If you did... why? If you didnt.... why?

    I am an owner of a full SD license and CF license.... In my own opinion CF is a very stable software and the team of guys are really open to hear from the community and give everyone what they want. I currently run SD in my wifes car and CF in my car. I am thinking about getting rid of SD in the wife's and just run CF in both.

    Centrafuse is offering an "upgrade" program for us Streetdeck owners... Its an awesome deal for those that want to switch. I think I might take advantage of this and get me a second license.

    http://www.fluxmedia.net/streetdeck/

    Any thoughts?
    2003 E46 BMW
    Lilliput Transflective, GM965 mobo w/ Processor
    ELMSCAN 5 USB, Slot load DVD, BU-353 GPS
    Everything is for sale.

  • #2
    I have been messing with CF for the past few days now and I am quite impressed with it. It is on the pricey side. I am currently using the trial version of CF. I'm checking it out because it might (for me) replace Road Runner.
    The MC of Florida Car PC Meets
    CAR:2001 Ford Crown Victoria
    PC: Acer EEE 900HA with Win7 with CF 2.0.
    Memory:1G
    Drives:160gig
    WI-FI:Cingular
    GPS:IG2k9
    Screen:Xenarc 700TSV
    The Florida Meets Thread

    Comment


    • #3
      1. Can't seem to find the worklog on the wifes carputer. Is there a link?

      2. Wife gets stuck with the "unstable" software?

      Do you not like your wife?

      No one from StreetDeck has control over the forum here, so no one can stop you from advertising. If it is a serious question, I would still go for it. You get a copy of centrafuse for half price and you still have streetdeck. Not like they can kill your license code.

      As for StreetDeck, the new installer is extremely stable.
      My opinion is my own.

      Comment


      • #4
        Do you currently have SD?
        2003 E46 BMW
        Lilliput Transflective, GM965 mobo w/ Processor
        ELMSCAN 5 USB, Slot load DVD, BU-353 GPS
        Everything is for sale.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by polo6979 View Post
          Do you currently have SD?
          I run SD mostly and RR sometimes (for animated weather during storms).
          Attached Files
          My opinion is my own.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by danielkh View Post
            I run SD mostly and RR sometimes (for animated weather during storms).
            Ok ok...*arm twisted* I'll update the 5 city weather mod to include animated weather maps...
            My old Worklog

            Comment


            • #7
              Keep in mind though, the last time we had storms was before you created the 5 city weather mod (with graphical maps) OR the flight tracker mod that also shows current weather on the flight map.
              My opinion is my own.

              Comment


              • #8
                I switched from Streetdeck to TomTom Go910

                I think I paid $249 for the whole thing.

                Updated maps, Navigation that actually works.
                I think it cost me $10.00 to get the voice of John Cleese (from Monty Python) for driving directions
                Bluetooth cell phone interface
                Built in FM radio interface (I use the Aux interface though).
                Built in MP3 player (20GB hard drive)
                iPod compatibility
                Extensive POI's
                Traffic
                Other features that I'm sure I would enjoy if I wanted to mess with it.

                Device can be installed or removed from the vehicle in about 10 seconds. I take the device with me when I leave my vehicle (to keep it from being stolen)...

                I have some features you can't currently get with a car PC, and car PC's offer a few features you don't get with a GPS... But for the price difference, I wish I had never heard of a car PC - this is 10,000 times less hassle and way more satisfaction.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by danielkh View Post
                  Do you not like your wife?
                  Hahaha.... sometimes she's OK. She has a civic and I have a BMW. Thatís kinda how I compare the software.

                  Do you feel that SD has the potential to reclaim itself, come back strong and make a mince with everyone?
                  2003 E46 BMW
                  Lilliput Transflective, GM965 mobo w/ Processor
                  ELMSCAN 5 USB, Slot load DVD, BU-353 GPS
                  Everything is for sale.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm definitely considering it. Been playing with the CF trial and also watching their community and devs. Much more responsive, and the software seems to meet my needs.

                    Blacking out communications with everyone including testers, employees, and the community for that length of time is going to take a lot to make up for.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by polo6979 View Post
                      Hahaha.... sometimes she's OK. She has a civic and I have a BMW. That’s kinda how I compare the software.

                      Do you feel that SD has the potential to reclaim itself, come back strong and make a mince with everyone?

                      well, in the month since it came back, we have:

                      Extremely stable installer for SD. 5 second startups unless you have onevoice, then it's 10 seconds.

                      Working Mods:
                      weather (5 city with maps)
                      movie scout
                      Gas Prices
                      Google POI (FANTASTIC little mod)
                      BMW steering wheel control software
                      OBDII on newer elmscans
                      Yahoo News (can be narrated)
                      Realtime flight tracker

                      As you can see in the above post, some of us have had to create multipage skins to keep up with the mod guys.

                      About 5 unique mods being worked on (that I know of) including working traffic. We have great support from the NEW owners. Nothing really the "reclaim". StreetDeck was the best before and even better now.

                      I do think it's funny that CF is going for that $63 right before SD 2.0 comes out.

                      http://www.streetdeck.com/forum/index.php

                      edit: Oh, and we just got speed controlled volume like 10 minutes ago.
                      My opinion is my own.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by tmonroe View Post
                        I switched from Streetdeck to TomTom Go910

                        I think I paid $249 for the whole thing.

                        Updated maps, Navigation that actually works.
                        I think it cost me $10.00 to get the voice of John Cleese (from Monty Python) for driving directions
                        Bluetooth cell phone interface
                        Built in FM radio interface (I use the Aux interface though).
                        Built in MP3 player (20GB hard drive)
                        iPod compatibility
                        Extensive POI's
                        Traffic
                        Other features that I'm sure I would enjoy if I wanted to mess with it.

                        Device can be installed or removed from the vehicle in about 10 seconds. I take the device with me when I leave my vehicle (to keep it from being stolen)...

                        I have some features you can't currently get with a car PC, and car PC's offer a few features you don't get with a GPS... But for the price difference, I wish I had never heard of a car PC - this is 10,000 times less hassle and way more satisfaction.


                        You seem a bit bitter... Cant believe anyone actualy goes CarPC -> Non-CarPC...
                        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
                        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
                        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
                        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
                        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post


                          You seem a bit bitter... Cant believe anyone actualy goes CarPC -> Non-CarPC...
                          Actually, I have a magellan roadmate that I use when traveling. They are quite nice for navigation. Didn't care too much for the mp3 capabilities though. Doesn't keep your place, and I like to listen to audiobooks sometimes. But for what they are, they work quite well. Had the european maps unlocked and used it in France. Never got lost.

                          Personally, I didn't build the car computer for navigation only.
                          My opinion is my own.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by danielkh View Post

                            Working Mods:
                            weather (5 city with maps)
                            movie scout
                            Gas Prices
                            Google POI (FANTASTIC little mod)
                            BMW steering wheel control software
                            OBDII on newer elmscans
                            Yahoo News (can be narrated)
                            Realtime flight tracker
                            Streaming media mod is coming out soon also...I have like 3 or 4 ...wait...5 that are in the works. A few of them are totally new ideas that I've never seen in any other front end.
                            My old Worklog

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by froalskiner View Post
                              Streaming media mod is coming out soon also...I have like 3 or 4 ...wait...5 that are in the works. A few of them are totally new ideas that I've never seen in any other front end.
                              The flight tracker is one of Froalskiners...one I never would have thought of, but would use quite a bit. Now if we could just get him focused.....one mod at a time......say Visteon....yeah, that's a good one.....



                              I think SD will be fine.
                              My opinion is my own.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X