StreetDeck Version 2.0 - First Look

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StreetDeck Version 2.0 - First Look

While SDV2 hasn't quite been released, Chuck has released my video showing off the Navigation engine and other aspects of V2. For those not following the streetdeck.com blog, here is the video.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRaNriKQZLs[/media]
    My opinion is my own.

Looks spiffy...

In the GPS area might want to rethink how the font is shown and maybe a smart splitup algorithm.

Look at 0:53

Restaura
    nt

Rent-A-Ca
    r

Also if you decrease the mirror (is it drawn as a reflection, or is it just a button that looks like that anywhere predefined?) by about 50%, then you can make all that button area 125% or more. Might eliminate some of the chopping.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
      Looks spiffy...

In the GPS area might want to rethink how the font is shown and maybe a smart splitup algorithm.

Look at 0:53

Restaura
      nt

Rent-A-Ca
      r

Also if you decrease the mirror (is it drawn as a reflection, or is it just a button that looks like that anywhere predefined?) by about 50%, then you can make all that button area 125% or more. Might eliminate some of the chopping.

Keep in mind, the video is of the beta software while improvements were ongoing. The video is almost a month old.
      My opinion is my own.

Comment

I liked Streetdeck and was considering purchasing it until godofcpu seemingly disappeared from view. See this thread. So, I purchased another front end instead.

Did godofcpu ever reconcile with the Streetdeck user community? There was some seriously bad blood in that thread.
        My car PC page, with pictures

Comment

Originally posted by coffeejolts View Post
          I liked Streetdeck and was considering purchasing it until godofcpu seemingly disappeared from view. See this thread. So, I purchased another front end instead.

Did godofcpu ever reconcile with the Streetdeck user community? There was some seriously bad blood in that thread.
          There are no issues that I am aware of.

http://forums.streetdeck.com/forum/index.php
          My opinion is my own.

Comment

Originally posted by danielkh View Post
            While SDV2 hasn't quite been released, Chuck has released my video showing off the Navigation engine and other aspects of V2. For those not following the streetdeck.com blog, here is the video.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRaNriKQZLs[/media]
            whats the date of the release? (SDV2) I thought it was today? Is it going to be able to be downloaded or sold by dvd disk? WHERE DO I SEND MY $79??
            https://www.facebook.com/hinnantdesign1

Comment

Originally posted by customaudioman View Post
              whats the date of the release? (SDV2) I thought it was today? Is it going to be able to be downloaded or sold by dvd disk? WHERE DO I SEND MY $79??
              I would still guess the release will be this week as, from what I understand, they want it to coincide with CES (1/8). When available, it should show up at the "buy streetdeck" link at streetdeck.com.

I don't think they would have let me release the video (as they did also) if they weren't very close.

I don't believe there will be a DVD version, but I'm not sure.
              My opinion is my own.

Comment

the buttons and interface remind me of meedio, is it based on that?
                Sig, smig...

Ford Flex Toshiba Excite 7.7 Install

CoverMess - Cool Flash Covers

FlashFlex - Flash Components for your skinning pleasure

Mazda Millenia, Road Runner

YouTube - Road Runner, IGO8 PC, Dashcommand OBD, Visteon HD Radio

Comment

Originally posted by pcpete View Post
                  the buttons and interface remind me of meedio, is it based on that?
                  Not at all. It's its own program. And it's good. I just went on a 1700 mile road trip for New Years and didn't have any problems at all.

Doc

Comment

While previous versions of StreetDeck would be considered entertainment software with navigation added in, StreetDeck 2 would be more accurately catagorized as navigation software that can also entertain.

"StreetDeck is more then just GPS NAVIGATION software" -- From the StreetDeck.com home page
                    My opinion is my own.

Comment

I would still guess the release will be this week as, from what I understand, they want it to coincide with CES (1/8). When available, it should show up at the "buy streetdeck" link at streetdeck.com.

I don't think they would have let me release the video (as they did also) if they weren't very close.

I don't believe there will be a DVD version, but I'm not sure.
                      so it should be this week when ces starts then?
                      https://www.facebook.com/hinnantdesign1

Comment

While previous versions of StreetDeck would be considered entertainment software with navigation added in, StreetDeck 2 would be more accurately catagorized as navigation software that can also entertain.

"StreetDeck is more then just GPS NAVIGATION software" -- From the StreetDeck.com home page
                        SUP Daniel, its been a long time. Wow, its amazing that in the end you stuck with SD. You really are a true hardcore SD person. SD2 looks like it is very easy to use, although I am not a fan of the GUI. I hope SD2 really does make it. Would be nice to see some sort of competition with Centrafuse, although CF has way more features and it would take SD sometime to catch up. Also with SD2 coming out, it means you and me can have our epic fights again.
                        Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                        4X MK808b
                        3x Perixx Touchpads
                        3x 7 inch Screens
                        1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                        1x Win 7 PC

Comment

Originally posted by HiJackZX1 View Post
                          SUP Daniel, its been a long time. Wow, its amazing that in the end you stuck with SD. You really are a true hardcore SD person. SD2 looks like it is very easy to use, although I am not a fan of the GUI. I hope SD2 really does make it. Would be nice to see some sort of competition with Centrafuse, although CF has way more features and it would take SD sometime to catch up. Also with SD2 coming out, it means you and me can have our epic fights again.
                          StreetDeck w/nothing upgrade : FREE
                          StreetDeck w/Streetdeck Navigation upgrade: $79
                          StreetDeck w/StreetDeck Navigation : $99

Centrafuse w/nothing StreetDeck "tradein": $69
                          Centrafuse w/nothing : $125
                          Centrafuse w/Destinator Navigation : $250

Competition? What competition? Who can bank-rape the most people?

Of course, Centrafuse has "phone". Anyone ever get echo cancelation working or is everyone happy with half duplex? StreetDeck has stated they will not release any phone integration until a solution for echo is found.

What other features does Centrafuse have that Streetdeck doesn't? I must have missed that. Can't really use that country list since that is a feature of the navigation and not CF.

Then there is the new startup. SD loads (cold start) in 2 seconds. How is CF doing on startup?

Lets see:
                          AM/FM
                          Satellite (XM/Sirius)
                          MS Live Search
                          Satellite image navigation
                          MASSIVE built in POI list built into SD that also includes phone numbers
                          iPod integration

Free add-ins:
                          Weather
                          Movies
                          Google POI
                          Flight Tracker
                          News Reader
                          Speed Sensitive volume control
                          ibus interface

Releasing soon:
                          Internet radio

Sorry, but I don't see much of a competition here. If I did, I would be leaving coy hints in the Centrafuse forums.

Although I guess that phone thing could be worth $151.
                          My opinion is my own.

Comment

StreetDeck w/nothing upgrade : FREE
                            StreetDeck w/Streetdeck Navigation upgrade: $79
                            StreetDeck w/StreetDeck Navigation : $99

Centrafuse w/nothing StreetDeck "tradein": $69
                            Centrafuse w/nothing : $125
                            Centrafuse w/Destinator Navigation : $250

Competition? What competition? Who can bank-rape the most people?

Of course, Centrafuse has "phone". Anyone ever get echo cancelation working or is everyone happy with half duplex? StreetDeck has stated they will not release any phone integration until a solution for echo is found.

What other features does Centrafuse have that Streetdeck doesn't? I must have missed that. Can't really use that country list since that is a feature of the navigation and not CF.

Then there is the new startup. SD loads (cold start) in 2 seconds. How is CF doing on startup?

Lets see:
                            AM/FM
                            Satellite (XM/Sirius)
                            MS Live Search
                            Satellite image navigation
                            MASSIVE built in POI list built into SD that also includes phone numbers
                            iPod integration

Free add-ins:
                            Weather
                            Movies
                            Google POI
                            Flight Tracker
                            News Reader
                            Speed Sensitive volume control
                            ibus interface

Releasing soon:
                            Internet radio

Sorry, but I don't see much of a competition here. If I did, I would be leaving coy hints in the Centrafuse forums.

Although I guess that phone thing could be worth $151.
                            CF has Internet radio already, I know because I helped build the station library. Also has speed sensing. Also has multi-monitor support, which is being upgraded to allow front and back to do different things, including listening. Has just about everything, you've listed above, with the exception of image navigation, which can easily be done by embedding a 3rd party software.

Mind you, you are right, the phone echo is an issue, but its better to have something instead of nothing. Lots of people have figured out how to kill the echo, including me. Thats not even the fault of CF, but from IVT that is working to stop the issue. You don't see competition because your blind and pig headed. CF also has Superior support..... were was the support for SD awhile back? Ohhhh there was none, absolutely 0%, except from users that didn't want to see SD kick the bucket.

CF $125.00 comes with everything except navigation. So thats phone, HD radio, Sirius XM, DVD, Music, iPod, multi screen support, obd2, and the list goes on, for that price. If CF didn't have to pay IVT it would most likely break even with SD.

CF $250 comes with everything plus destinator. I will give you that though. I hate that Flux went with Destinator. That price though is really paying for the maps and the use of destinator.
                            Nirwana Project, the Android/Win 7 hybrid system!

1X Ainol Novo Flame Tab
                            4X MK808b
                            3x Perixx Touchpads
                            3x 7 inch Screens
                            1X 7 inch motorized Screen
                            1x Win 7 PC

Comment

HiJack, if we wanted to hear about CF, we would have gone to the CF forums. So please, anything you have to say about CF or CF compared to SD 1 or 2, can it. Take it somewhere else.
                              2005 Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe Black/Black
                              Core Duo CarPC
                              CarDomain page

Comment

Working...
                              X