• Show
Clear All

• Front End Screenshots!

Posted on store - http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...roducts_id=152
    2002 Volvo S60 Install Website:
    http://hookid.net/?page_id=17
    On MP3 Car:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=97014

I like it! It looks simple. One thing that bugs me with many of the frontends/skins out there is that they seem to just have too many features/buttons. Not really a good idea when trying to drive a 2 ton vehicle! IMO

Flame note! I realise i could make my own skin, but I would rather pay someone for something I like. Maybe like this!?

Any idea on when this will be released? Cost?

Cheers
    Jamie

Comment

NIIIIIIICE!!!!!!

Too bad it costs so much though....

Peace,

Rafster
      Post # 3000

Comment

Originally posted by Rafster
        NIIIIIIICE!!!!!!

Too bad it costs so much though....

Peace,

Rafster
        That's because the hardware costs, not just for the hardware, but also for design, assembly, software install, etc takes time.
        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

I gather the software will be available on its own also??

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
            That's because the hardware costs, not just for the hardware, but also for design, assembly, software install, etc takes time.
            Oh, I'm not dissing the fact that it's expensive, I'm just saying that it's gonna scare ALOT of people away.

Peace,

Rafster
            Post # 3000

Comment

Originally posted by Rafster
              ... I'm just saying that it's gonna scare ALOT of people away.
              You'd be suprised. Did you catch the part on the store page where they're at CES right now?
              Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
              Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
              I'M DEBT FREE!!
              I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

About the GPS software: it looks like MapPoint, just tilted.

Comment

With professional installation the hardware portion of this product is under a 90 day warranty for hardware only.

So in other words, anybody here who actually buys this for 2k and installs it him/her self does not get any warranty? wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity
                    With professional installation the hardware portion of this product is under a 90 day warranty for hardware only.

So in other words, anybody here who actually buys this for 2k and installs it him/her self does not get any warranty? wtf?
                    I don't think this is made for people to install themselves.
                    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                    GammaControl v2.4
                    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

If I have to spend that much, I would go with Pioneer or Alpine as they are all well known products. They have better warrantee and such.

Seriously, but CarPC is not really ready for an average joe to use yet.
                      2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                      89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                      Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                      RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                      EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

2K for beta is too much, how much is the final price though?

90 days warranty on HW?

I though PC components when bought seperately gives you 1,2,3,5 years or even lifetime warranty.

What if the screen ****ed up after 90 days? or something come loose due to poor installations? am I on my own now? WTF

Comment

I agree. 90 day warranty for a 2k piece (or pieces) of hardware is pretty lousy.
                          iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
                          CFX - Skin for Road Runner

Comment

Originally posted by b8bboi
                            I agree. 90 day warranty for a 2k piece (or pieces) of hardware is pretty lousy.
                            Not very confident with their HW reliability I guess

I dont get it cause the parts used should come with 1 years manufacturers warranty...ATLEAST.

I guess its their build/installation they are not too confident with. Which they claim "professional installation" with 90 days confidence

Comment

That was concidered an option. I just fixed the wording. It now reads

"The StreetDeck software is in still being tested and considered beta software. There is a 1 year warranty for hardware only."

I removed the part about professional installation.

Comment

Working...
                              X