Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supports 800x480?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Supports 800x480?

    Does SD hardware/software output/support 800x480?

  • #2
    The engineering sample that is for sale now doesn't, but we will support it very soon.
    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

    Comment


    • #3
      Did you mean "doesn't" where you put "does"?

      And would this be a free update if we purchase streetdeck now?

      I have the Digital Wheelz G35 screen, that's why I want 800x480 on streetdeck, and I want streetdeck NOW

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes, does=doesn't. 800x480 will be on different hardware.
        StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
        Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
        The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

        Comment


        • #5
          I saw that my Streetdeck Carputer system just shipped from you guys. I'm pretty excited, but a little concerned about the support for 800x480 (since that's the type of screen I'm going to be using).

          When you say "different hardware", do you mean that future versions of the carputer will use different hardware which has VGA out that supports 800x480? Is it just a matter of the onboard video not supporting the resolution? If so, would adding a PCI video card that does support 800x480 be a workaround? Thanks!

          Comment


          • #6
            You should be able to get 800x480 on it by using PowerStrip.
            StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
            Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
            The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

            Comment


            • #7
              I'd be surprised (though pleasantly) if powerstrip works on it considering it is an Intel chipset. Last I read it was not possible to use powerstrip on Intel IGPs. Has this changed?

              I realize that the UI can be designed to look fine if you are running the PC at 800x600 on the video screen whos native resolution is 800x400 (as the MTSVO-SC is) or 800x480 (xenarcs), however how does Street Deck accomidate for this difference when playing video?

              Comment


              • #8
                you cant normally do custom res on an intel IGP. the only way would be if a custom driver was created which may have been done but as they suggest using powerstrip - obviously not.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by amthar
                  I'd be surprised (though pleasantly) if powerstrip works on it considering it is an Intel chipset. Last I read it was not possible to use powerstrip on Intel IGPs. Has this changed?

                  I realize that the UI can be designed to look fine if you are running the PC at 800x600 on the video screen whos native resolution is 800x400 (as the MTSVO-SC is) or 800x480 (xenarcs), however how does Street Deck accomidate for this difference when playing video?
                  Yes, the video is appropriately scaled for widescreens and with Direct3D antialiasing, I haven't seen a need to pursue native resolution issues.
                  StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
                  Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
                  The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
                    you cant normally do custom res on an intel IGP. the only way would be if a custom driver was created which may have been done but as they suggest using powerstrip - obviously not.
                    Youre right, I just tested it and I was not able to get powerstrip to do 800x480.
                    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
                    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
                    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      if the video is not distorted, then I couldn't care two flying flips. This actually makes me happier as I can leverage my existing hardware.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        my .02, you want native resolution, if my xenarc is 800x480, then that is what i would want to run

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by kingnasty
                          my .02, you want native resolution, if my xenarc is 800x480, then that is what i would want to run
                          why is that?

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X