Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take to resume from hibernation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does it take to resume from hibernation?

For those of you who have purchased the Streetdeck bundle, how long does it take you to resume from Hibernation? Any tips/tricks on speeding up the process? Thanks!

check my thread for my hibernate boot time doesn't get much better then that really...

the stock drive that it comes with is a laptop drive I believe 5400rpms at most and mine is 7200 rpms which gave me the quick speed.
    2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

Originally posted by mbkowns
      check my thread for my hibernate boot time doesn't get much better then that really...

the stock drive that it comes with is a laptop drive I believe 5400rpms at most and mine is 7200 rpms which gave me the quick speed.
      Do you have the streetdeck setup?

Michael
      ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Did you do any tests on a 5400rpm drive versus a 7200rpm drive? If so, what kind of difference did you see? Thanks!

Comment

5400 rpms or lower drives add time to that resuming windows bar that goes across. Time being seconds I have seen an increase of 5seconds with a older laptop drive. The video of my install shows it whistling by using my 7200 rpm drive. I bet I could even use a better seek time drive then that but thats what I had around the house at the time.

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

Are you using the streetdeck hardware/software combo? This was the question in this thread, you seem to have an answer, but is it about streetdeck or just a general "hibernation of windows" answer?
            Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
            Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

My answer is the answer to this question.

1) Streetdeck is still just software running in windows.

2) To make this faster you can still do all the many windows tweaks(minilogon..etc)

3) Resuming from hibernation seems to be the best way to go. Quick shutdowns and boots.

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

No recovery from hibernation IS dependent on the hardware platform, BIOS, etc.

Someone with the exact same motherboard and hw config is the only one that can provide an accurate answer.

On a side note though, I have never been happy coming out of hibernation since recovering 512MB or RAM vs. a fresh boot is not that different (for me).

Comment

Just look at my videos 28 post newbie

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

why don't you put a link in, cause I don't feel the need to search for it "oldie". And not that a video would help matters any... jeez.

On my pc the BIOS boot time is 1/2 the total boot time (WinXP being the other half). On other boards (like my laptop) the BIOS boot time is less than 1 sec!

Now I might be a "newbie" but you appear to be "clueless" even after 400 posts.

Comment

Its in my car thread like the second post ...

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

nice thread - nice setup.

Still doesn't answer the question though.

I'd love to see a comparison of MB boot times (just BIOS to Win). Mine is around 15-17 secs - just horrible and there's nothing I can do about it except find another board. Only problem is that "boot time" is not a std spec so hard to shop for that.

I'll add mine to a potential list (mrClean, happy to move this slightly off-topic post to another thread if you want):

Power to WinXP boot time:
                        -------------------------
                        ibase MB870: 17 secs (with all BIOS optimizations, booting off 7200 rpm SATA 2.5 inch drive)

Comment

Its in my car thread like the second post ...
                          I am curious how you found that MB - super fast POST - can't work for me anyhow (too big, I need ITX).

Anyone know of any ITX boards (P4 or P-M preferred) that boot (POST) as fast as 1 sec!

MrClean -> how long is the POST time on your StreetDeck hw (MB896) (till you see WinXP logo)?

Comment

Most new motherboards have it but its called different things. I looked at alot of pdf files online to see what the bios features were before I bought it.

Something like "silent boot"

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

If anyone has a list of mobo's that has a quick boot feature, can you please tell us?

I know Foxconn has the SuperBoot, but I really don't know of any other brands.
                              1999 Black Pontiac Trans Am
                              CarPC's in F-bodies
                              How To Relocate Climate Controls on the 97-02 F-body Cars
                              (AMD Sempron 3000+, Opus 150)
                              Car PC system is out, Alpine system is in.

Comment

Working...
                              X