My Streetdeck is BAD??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Streetdeck is BAD??

I can't figure this one out, I purchased the streetdeck and had it installed today...I have spent HOURS trying to figure out why every time it boots up my Lilliput 629 shuts off. I tried hooking an external monitor to it and it had the same problem (actually in this case I got all "squiggly lines" - I have tried everything - the only way I can get any monitor to work on this thing is by disabling the inte 915gm drivers or by booting into "VGA Mode" - which in both scenarios, StreetDeck software won't load. I am tired, thinking I need a new video card, but not wanting to fork out any more money after all the money I have spent on amps, computers, and installs...

Oh yeah, and the navigation fails too (I was able to keep the monitor going for 10 seconds - until it rebooted) - streetdeck dies and gives some nasty errors (that can't be clicked away without rebooting)

Any ideas anyone that doesn't involve a hammer??
    View my current SD Projects:

You should call the store on monday. It sounds like some hardware has failed.
    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

You should first try installing the lastest version of the video card driver. You can download it from here: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68027

Comment

GPS losing antenna

My GPS fails some times and throws an error! I try to autodetect the unit and it doesn't see it. It doesn't look like its playing well with MS Mappoint. Any ideas? On a other note, where is the streetdeck log file stored and can I view it with Notepad?

Comment

I got to see Streetdeck (for about 15 minutes)

Ok, so I got the vga.exe installer to work and it told me it was the wrong one for the board (no hardware found) - HOWEVER, I reinstalled all the intel drivers from the cd - and it worked (for the moment). I have also installed the latest 915GM drivers from intel with no success... While it was working, I ran Streetdeck, and the program is outstanding when it actually works, but I shut off the power to the car, which put it in hibernation mode, put the power back on, and the Lilliput screen reports - NO VGA INPUT - This is the original issue that has been really getting on my nerves. I didn't try the regular monitor again, but I could assume it's the same crap all over again. Well, I have once again spent way too much time on this tonight and nothing ever works - I will call tomorrow and see where we get.

And what about the bios settings for the video card with this monitor as well? Has anyone over there ever tried the streetdeck with this monitor? I can't see why this monitor would be the source of all the problems, but I can safely say the monitor is likely non-returnable seeing how the Car Toys installers dissasembled it to get it in the car...

All I wanted was an easy way to play my MP3's and do some NAVI on an awesome system...is that too much to ask?

Comment

Only use the drivers found in this thread in the StreetDeck FAQ http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68027 The drivers on the CD are slightly older and known to have a known bug that makes the VGA output not work for some people.

What seems in invoke the VGA driver bug is if the VGA cable isn't connected at one time during startup then it will never again detect a monitor even after a reboot. The only way to fix it is to update the driver. The VGA driver should just install but if it won’t try updating the 915 chipset driver first.

Comment

Originally posted by pwhite
              My GPS fails some times and throws an error! I try to autodetect the unit and it doesn't see it. It doesn't look like its playing well with MS Mappoint. Any ideas? On a other note, where is the streetdeck log file stored and can I view it with Notepad?
              Autodetect only works if the GPS has a signal.

You can find the logs here:
              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68776
              The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

Originally posted by 06TC_OWNER
                Ok, so I got the vga.exe installer to work and it told me it was the wrong one for the board (no hardware found)
                The wrong driver was on the FAQ page, this has been corrected.

Comment

We are just not having any luck. So far, I have fixed all the bios settings that were wrong (which consequently made the nice "blue" bios screen come up instead of the black and white). Then we tried reinstalling the drivers in VGA mode, then uninstalling and reinstalling in safemode, and every time it boots back up to windows "NO VGA INPUT" appears on the screen - I can see the initial boot screen, the windows loader screen, then nothing... (but I can hear the computer starting up - windows boot sound). Frankly, in my opinion, it's not the Streetdeck that has all these issues, it's the crappy integrated video card?

Comment

http://www.lilliput.cn/629.htm <--Look at the resolution on these specs - does this have anything to do with this problem? I don't know of a video card that supports 800x480 - and if that was the case, why does it support the 800 x 600 without the video card?

Comment

Daily Update

Well, with all the new drivers installed, etc, still no real luck - weird thing is that I was driving, decided to flip on the monitor just for kicks, and it worked. Pulled it into the garage and turned it on - didn't work anymore. I was told that the Lilliput 629 with the 915gm has quirks - so as soon as I get a chance, I will get a new video card and eventually a new sound card....then we will work on the NAVI issue. I would probably disclaimer the 629 with the streetdeck - the bugs with the compatibility issues are not going to be a hot selling point...

Comment

The Intel 915GM chipset that the MB896 uses is present in many notebooks - I don't think there is anything inherently "bad" in the design. It really sounds like the video output is out of range for the lilliput. Perhaps the registry is corrupted and it is trying to display a resolution that is out of spec?

If you can get it to work in safe mode, then it really points to a driver issue.

The MB896 has a way via the BIOS to set the resolution of the LCD panel (I know you are not using the onboard DVI connector, but sometimes the CRT is "cloned" from whatever setting the LCD resolution is set at). I would try adjusting that to 800x600.

I would also try disabling the Video BIOS caching while you are playing with the BIOS.

If that fails, then reinstall the video driver by booting into safe mode, uninstall the display driver using device manager, then reboot. It should come back with a generic VGA driver and ask you to install a driver for new hardware found (the video chipset). Try cancelling that and install the version you downloaded. Reboot and cross fingers.

If all else fails, reinstalling WinXP is an option...

Comment

So we are a little further now

Ok, we have gotten a little further now - I am actually writing this from my car (which shows huge improvements) - I got here by purchasing a cheesy cheap nvidia 5200, but don't knock it, it works! HOWEVER now I have other issues:

1. Streetdeck locks up intermittently
                          2. I still don't think I'm having fun yet

Any ideas on this one that doesn't involve replacing the motherboard?

oh yeah, and by the way, the bug issue with the 915gm and the lilliput came directly from the research from the support group at streetdeck - they said the response from intel was that this was an issue where if you didn't turn on the monitor at the right time, it wouldn't work. However, maybe it's just me, but I don't think turning on the streetdeck should involve any voodoo magic to get it working (and it probably doesn't normally, it was just the hardware I chose)...

Comment

So close I can taste it

ok, so here's the real deal - the audio may not be the problem - streetdeck locks up ONLY when I select the music - I just had it lock up where all I was doing was scrolling on the music and as soon as I chose a song it stopped responding. Now I did set my secondary audio source to a usb 2.5" 100g drive I had hooked up (and it would always say it was reading it up at the top), but I disconnected that drive and just tried selecting some of the music, but sometimes I am able to play a couple of songs before it freezes, and sometimes I can't even start a song, other times it just starts the counter with no music and as soon as it gets to 4 or 5 seconds it gets stuck and either freezes up the entire computer, OR the application just stops responding...

EDIT: oh and videos do it to (in a really bad way - no picture, a couple seconds of music, then lockup time)

EDIT #2: Videos AND Music run GREAT in windows media player for HOURS which puts a little more of a smile on my face - this indicates that we have a software issue (Streetdeck) - however mine was kind of wonky for the start, had to install the update just to get it to work. I need access to the full install for my vehicle.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE....WE ARE SO CLOSE NOW!

Comment

so what was the resolution?
                              Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

Working...
                              X