Ogg Vorbis and FLAC support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ogg Vorbis and FLAC support

Is there anything that would prevent Streetdeck from using this?

Pim

no
    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

Streetdeck doesn't seem to recognize .ogg files

I installed the illuminable vorbis codec and I can play .ogg files in media player. Streetdeck, however, doesn't seem to recognize the .ogg files at all. Are we supposed to register the file type somehow?

Thanks...

Comment

I think you need to do three things:

1. install a codec that will decode oggs and flacs (you did)
        2. install a plugin that enables WMP to read vorbiscomments
        3. do something so that SD will consider "strange" extensions

I forgot the name of (2). The solution for (3) has been posted somewhere on this board.

Pim

Comment

Thanks for the advice! I found the thread about the file extensions, then SD was able to add .ogg to my media library. Spectrum analyzer doesn't work, though... I wonder if that's related to bitrate...

I also installed that comments plugin for windows media player (wmptagsupport), and I get .ogg tags perfectly in windows media player. I keep retrying to re-index my media in SD, but it still doesn't show me track length or song information. Any other steps that come to mind?

Comment

I have the same problem.
            2007 Tahoe
            Opus with iBase 896 and Pentium M 735 Transflective Xenarc Alpine DVA-9861, PXA-H900, Sinfoni 45X2 (2) 90x2, Genesis Dual Mono, JL 1000/1 (2), Focal Be tweeters, ScanSpeak Revelator Mids, Dynaudio MW170, Dayton 12" Ref.

My Install

Comment

Working...
            X