Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StreetDeck Double Din Car Computer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • StreetDeck Double Din Car Computer

    The Infill Double Din Car Computer preloaded with StreetDeck has been added to the store.
    http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...roducts_id=238
    Units will ship approximately July 3rd, 2006

    Please post additional questions here and the store description will be modified.

  • #2
    so infill and streetdeck have partnered together it seems.
    2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

    2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

    MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

    Comment


    • #3
      What's the hardware on that thing? 1ghz CPU doesn't really say much.
      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
      GammaControl v2.4
      SKINbedder v3

      1995 Lexus SC300

      Comment


      • #4
        Any chance this thing will get the transreflective upgrade any time soon? :-O

        Comment


        • #5
          It sounds like it is just a VIA Epia M10000 built into a standard Double-Din size case.
          Here's my setup, check it out.
          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...997#post934997

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 2 STanGeR
            It sounds like it is just a VIA Epia M10000 built into a standard Double-Din size case.
            I thought streetdeck was slow on the Epias, esp the M10000?
            PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
            GammaControl v2.4
            SKINbedder v3

            1995 Lexus SC300

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 2 STanGeR
              It sounds like it is just a VIA Epia M10000 built into a standard Double-Din size case.
              Its not a an EPIA 10K, it uses the same primary processor, but thats about it. The motherboard is custom just for this unit. Maxan, Infill's parent company, makes embedded motherboards and they engineered the motherboard just for this unit. There are no standard computer ports, except for usb on the back, instead there are standard car ports so it can hook directly up to your cars audio system and power system. This whole system is designed from the ground up to be the perfect carputer system.

              Some of the highlights that really make this system go above and beyond everything thats been sold as a double din computer prior to this and make it as easy to install as a head unit:
              • Built In 44w amp that hooks directly up to your car's speakers
              • Built in Car Certified AM/FM radio w/ standard car antenna hookup(No RDS)
              • Built In TV Tuner with Diversity Antenna hookup
              • Built In DVD drive
              • Built In GPS w/ external antenna
              • Built In WiFi w/ external antenna
              • Power's off into standby by default, goes to hibernate after 48 hours or low battery detection. Resumes in under 5 seconds!
              • Everything is manufactured to fit perfectly inside a double din space
              • Media control buttons and secondary touch / status panel on the front
              • Built in IR remote control
              • There is a small optional wireless keyboard that uses the same built in IR reciever as the remote
              StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
              Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
              The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

              Comment


              • #8
                damn. That sounds awesome!
                iGMon - Integration between iGuidance and Road Runner
                CFX - Skin for Road Runner

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 0l33l
                  I thought streetdeck was slow on the Epias, esp the M10000?
                  The only reason why StreetDeck would be slow is if you don't use a 3D card. If you do use a 3D card, StreetDeck will run faster because it doesn't have to tie up the main processer doing rendering.

                  StreetDeck will run fine on a M10K if you don't increase the framerate, but the Infill unit has an even better video card with better 3D capabilities in it so it performs better then the M10K.
                  StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
                  Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
                  The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by god_of_cpu
                    Some of the highlights that really make this system go above and beyond everything thats been sold as a double din computer prior to this and make it as easy to install as a head unit:
                    • Built In 44w amp that hooks directly up to your car's speakers
                    • Built in Car Certified AM/FM radio w/ standard car antenna hookup(No RDS)
                    • Built In TV Tuner with Diversity Antenna hookup
                    • Built In DVD drive
                    • Built In GPS w/ external antenna
                    • Built In WiFi w/ external antenna
                    • Power's off into standby by default, goes to hibernate after 48 hours or low battery detection. Resumes in under 5 seconds!
                    • Everything is manufactured to fit perfectly inside a double din space
                    • Media control buttons and secondary touch / status panel on the front
                    • Built in IR remote control
                    • There is a small optional wireless keyboard that uses the same built in IR reciever as the remote
                    On the MP3 site it says the unit needs an optional DVD player but in the above quote you say built in DVD drive??? I'm confused more than usual. Your quote above seems to refer to a system other than the Infill unit that is listed? Help me out because I'm really interested in the system you describe above.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by bpnkrtn
                      On the MP3 site it says the unit needs an optional DVD player but in the above quote you say built in DVD drive??? I'm confused more than usual. Your quote above seems to refer to a system other than the Infill unit that is listed? Help me out because I'm really interested in the system you describe above.
                      Yes, it comes with a DVD standard. We are only shipping one version of the Infill, there are no options at this point. Are you sure your looking at the infill infill product item: http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...roducts_id=238
                      StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
                      Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
                      The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by god_of_cpu
                        Yes, it comes with a DVD standard. We are only shipping one version of the Infill, there are no options at this point. Are you sure your looking at the infill infill product item: http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...roducts_id=238
                        Yep ... cut and copy from web site:

                        Downloadable web-based service integration for weather, navigation data, and more
                        DVD playback (requires DVD drive and appropriate codec)
                        FM Radio (requires FM tuner hardware)
                        Voice recognition (requires microphone)
                        Wireless multimedia library synchronization (requires WiFi)
                        Bluetooth Phone Integration (requires Parrot USB adapter)
                        Satellite Radio (requires adapter)
                        Vehicle Diagnostics (requires OBD-II adapter)

                        Maybe it's just the wording ... "requires DVD drive and appropriate codec" does not mean built-in, shipped with ... etc. Sorry to be so "dense/picky"

                        My question now becomes, the above items that say "requires" are shipped as part of the unit? Thanks for your patience.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bpnkrtn
                          Maybe it's just the wording ...
                          From the same webpage:
                          "Hardware Specifications : DVD-ROM 1 Slim Type DVD-RoM Drive"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bpnkrtn
                            Yep ... cut and copy from web site:

                            Downloadable web-based service integration for weather, navigation data, and more
                            DVD playback (requires DVD drive and appropriate codec)
                            FM Radio (requires FM tuner hardware)
                            Voice recognition (requires microphone)
                            Wireless multimedia library synchronization (requires WiFi)
                            Bluetooth Phone Integration (requires Parrot USB adapter)
                            Satellite Radio (requires adapter)
                            Vehicle Diagnostics (requires OBD-II adapter)

                            Maybe it's just the wording ... "requires DVD drive and appropriate codec" does not mean built-in, shipped with ... etc. Sorry to be so "dense/picky"

                            My question now becomes, the above items that say "requires" are shipped as part of the unit? Thanks for your patience.
                            That was cut and pasted from the StreetDeck software item description. It will support those features if you have the hardware for it. The Infill has hardware built in for many of those as described below it.

                            Voice, bluetooth, satellite radio, and vehicle diagnostics are the only things that require additional hardware on the Infill. We will be releaseing accessories later this year that will work out of the box with StreetDeck on the Infill to support these optional features.
                            StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
                            Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
                            The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Looks like a cool product. It'd probably save major headaches with installation too. What's the word on transflective LCD? I saw one this weekend and wouldn't dream of getting anything without one.


                              Any word on Sirius support? This is a must for me.

                              edit: just saw the other thread...n/m
                              PROGRESS: 20%[++--------]
                              Current Project: OS Config
                              Intel Mac Mini Core Duo running Win XP
                              Carnetix P-1900+PNP cable
                              Xenarc 700TSV
                              Global Sat BU-353 GPS
                              Alpine Sirius Reciever with mitchjs board
                              Car2PC adapter
                              RoadRunner
                              PhoCo

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X