Receiver Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receiver Question

I apologize if this has been asked before. I did a search and came up with nothing. I have a Kenwood KVT-817 DVD receiver with a 7.0" fold out display. Could I buy the StreetDeck Harware Bundle without the monitor (MP3CAR-0133) and use the display that is in my receiver?

yes but it will look crappy (RCA input not VGA), and the touchscreen will not function. And no you cannot make the touchscreen work to a USB controller. And no, you cannot read from that internal DVD drive. And yes, the resolution really is that crappy. Ever tried reading text on a TV like the fine print? Now half that size, and try to interpret that while flying down the freeway.

And yes it has been asked. About 1 of 10 newbie questions are related to this. Read the FAQ posted by the member RedGTI. She wrote a good couple pages to answer these and any other questions you do and will have.
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by Scotte
      I apologize if this has been asked before. I did a search and came up with nothing. I have a Kenwood KVT-817 DVD receiver with a 7.0" fold out display. Could I buy the StreetDeck Harware Bundle without the monitor (MP3CAR-0133) and use the display that is in my receiver?
      You can use it with any PC that has RCA video out on the video card, but I do not recommend doing that... the quality will be $hitty. Sell your kenwood , get nice screen, pc, amp, you dont even need a stereo, just use motherboard embedded audio
      http://incarCPU.com

Comment

Working...
      X