Help, 1.0.5.2 update just installed now SD crashes before starting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, 1.0.5.2 update just installed now SD crashes before starting

How about some help here GOC. Attached is the log file.

So ya know, I am using a purchased/reg'd version but am still waiting for the CD to use the navigation. On the bright side, UPS says it's getting delivered today. Also, I did not do the 1.0.5.1 update, I assume it is ok to skip over updates to just the latest?

Forget this post, I received the DVD and installed it, updated to latest and viola, it works. Now I have a whole new problem

Thanks,

Troy
    Done!

If you're into fishing, checkout my website! http://www.pennsylvaniaanglers.com

I updated to 1.0.5.2 and SD also crashes after the opening screen.

I have sent in a log file from the runtime error reporting tool.
    SLOJAM

1972 'slightly enhanced' 240Z
    Epia M10000 Win XP
    Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
    7" Touchscreen XMPCR GPS

Comment

I have replicated this on my notebook as well. The notebook has the trial version installed, and my car computer has a registered version installed. Both 'upgraded' to 1.0.5.2 and both now crash right after the welcome screen. I have sent logs in via the runtime error report tool. I was able to run 1.0.5.2 in developer mode on my notebook - just not normal mode.

I have tried loading with -GDI, -ResetConfig, and -ResetRegistration flags to no avail.
      SLOJAM

Epia M10000 Win XP
      7" Touchscreen XMPCR GPS

Comment

Also experiencing the same issues for debugging mode, low performance and standard SD (trial) - not receiving an expired trial error any longer just a crash. Development mode crashes when it loads to the skin editor, too. Saved a few error logs also in case needed
        Gary
        1997 Audi 1.8TQM
        Alpine/MB Quart/JL Audio - Via M12000 carputer 1 din (floor board) Sound Blaster External USB, Lilliput 7" TFT in custom motorized 1 din housing, OBDII engine management and diagnostics, XM radio, WiFi/Bluetooth, FrodoPlayer

Comment

"Resolution"

I looked at the logfile and saw that I was getting the following exception error, causing SD to crash:
          =======================
          INFO: Creating CNAVRecentDestinationsModule.
          INFO: EXCEPTION DETECTED STACK TRACE FOLLOWS
          ######## EXCEPTION: 0xC0000005 at address: 0x0050147C: ACCESS VIOLATION write attempt to address 0x00000074
          1: 07/15/06 12:06:06

1: StackWalk(): GetLastError = 487
          =======================

Since I have am running the trial version (waiting for the DVD to arrive UPS), I do not have the NAV module installed. In the past when I ran SD (a few days ago) it would run, but the NAV section was not enabled - as is advertised when you download the trial. On Thursday I download 1.0.5.2 and also updated my system with several Microsoft updates. After that, I was unable to run Streetdeck and saw the above exception in the log file. I can not assert that this has anything to do with the Microsoft updates, but it was one of the changes made that night to both a laptop and the car computer. I tried a number of switches, incuding -GDI, -resetconfig, -resetregistration. I also rolled back to 1.0.5.0, 1.0.5.1 and then back to 1.0.5.2 to no avail.

After I looked at the logfile a bit more, it occured to me to try -NoNav, since it appears to be happening in a NAV module (the exception). Once I did that, I was able to run SD again.

The original poster, Troy, in this thread stated that he had a problem, but then when he ran the install off of the DVD, all was 'fixed'. This would be explained by the fact that his full install includes the NAV module/mappoint.

So if you are having this problem, run streetdeck with:

"c:\Program Files\StreetDeck\StreetDeck" -NoNav

The developers probably don't see this error as they are likely running 'full' versions.
          SLOJAM

Epia M10000 Win XP
          7" Touchscreen XMPCR GPS

Comment

Confirmed - no errors here (full version)

Comment

This issue (the requirement to have -NoNav for trial runs) has gone away with 1.0.5.3, although not stated explicitly in the release notes.
              SLOJAM

Epia M10000 Win XP
              7" Touchscreen XMPCR GPS

Comment

Working...
              X