Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got my actual Retail DVD in the mail and boy and I disappointed..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my actual Retail DVD in the mail and boy and I disappointed..

Dont get me wrong, I love the software. I love the work put into it, I love the interface, I really love the whole thing. But boy did the packaging to me ball get dropped...

I rushed home after checking my tracking number that my retail box had come in so I could install the rest of the features and test it all completely out.

First of all, the DVD case was at the bottom of the box with absolutely no packing peanuts below it and even when I moved the box I could hear it sliding around in there. I thought, well that cant all be Streetdeck's fault. UPS delivered it.

Second I open up the DVD case to find the dvd wasnt properly seated in the case and has 1 million scratches all over it. I figure, well computers can read some pretty scratched CD's. I will just have to hope it still works.

But then finally I look at the DVD and the top side of the DVD (written area between the dvd label and the burnable disc) has what looks like a scratched portion below the label that removed the written portion of the disc. A wide scratch mind you, like a fingernail taken to it. Of course the label on the top looks fairly pristine so I know it didnt happen in shipping, so I guess my disc was scratched before being created.

I am just disappointed that I paid 160 bucks to get some software and got a scratched burned DVD in a semi crushed dvd box with a big flaw during dvd creation. Mind you the UPS shipping box looked fine and uncrushed.

I am in the process of attempting to recover the DVD and burn it to a non scratched DVD crossing my fingers for a perfect image copy. I still want to use Streetdeck for my carputer project GTO, but I guess what I am saying is I am disappointed this didnt go better for me. I was also hoping I get a pressed DVD and not just a burned DVD. Just takes away from it all. Just venting I guess...

Kudos to the makers, bad karma to the burner, packager, and shipper...

***EDIT MP3Car STORE REPLY***
    Thank you for the feedback. We will make sure future orders have better packing on the DVDs. I apologize for the problems. Please e-mail your order number to [email protected] and we will replace your DVD. Occasionally product does get damaged in shipping. Quality and customer satisfaction is very important to us and we want to make sure you are happy.

We decided to get high quality printed StreetDeck DVDrs so we can always ship the latest version. We plan to add significant feature enhancements every month and it doesn’t make sense to stamp a mass quantity and then force people to download a patch for the latest and greatest.

Have a great weekend!

-Rob
    ***end edit***

I say contact Streetdeck and tell them about it. You should be entiled to a new copy. I mean cmon, it did cost you $160!

Comment

Originally posted by CJ8501
      I say contact Streetdeck and tell them about it. You should be entiled to a new copy. I mean cmon, it did cost you $160!
      2002 Mitsubishi Galant
      Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

Carputer Specs:
      Via M10K
      512mb Ram
      60GB HDD
      Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
      OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

So you're going to get all ****y about a DVD that didn't stay seated in the packaging and in teh bottom of a box with no packing peanuts?
        If that sets your cockles ablaze, then you're going to positiviely hate this hobby....
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
          So you're going to get all ****y about a DVD that didn't stay seated in the packaging and in teh bottom of a box with no packing peanuts?
          If that sets your cockles ablaze, then you're going to positiviely hate this hobby....
          I understand where you are coming from but still fact of the matter is you dont ship something that poorly especially if it is all scratched like that and doesnt even work....
          2002 Mitsubishi Galant
          Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

Carputer Specs:
          Via M10K
          512mb Ram
          60GB HDD
          Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
          OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

I got my DVD today also and the plastic DVD case was inside of a cardboard case specifically made for shipping DVD cases, very nice. I am sure your situation is due to them rushing to get everyone satisfied and it is simply an isolated incident. Send them an e-mail, I am sure they'll take care of you.

DVD's fall out of the center pop-up all the time, I had it happen to me once from the movie store, made me real nervous about whether it was previously scratched and if they would try to make me buy it, fortunately it was ok.

Troy
            Done!

If you're into fishing, checkout my website! http://www.pennsylvaniaanglers.com

Comment

the dvd is probably like $5 of the cost of streetdeck... one phonecall or email should get you another... the money paid is more for the licencing & the right to use it... the media is just that... media....

on the other hand I could see how it must suck to anxiously await something, & then have more delays to resolve an issue..., but not THAT big a deal... I had the same thing happen to me a while back with a disk from co-pilot.... the disks were fine, but they just wouldn't register... they had to send me a new set... that should be your biggest problems with carputers, you'd be alright
              MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Got mine yesterday...at the bottom of a beat down box packed along with a bunch of hardware from MP3car. It looked good though. No problems here! Just ask to get a new copy of the DVD. I'm sure they'll send out a new copy...
                My old Worklog

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
                  I guess he just isn't satisfied spending $160 for a coaster.

Like they said, contact Fiber, email or call and they'll take care of you. I haven't had a single problem with my copy.
                  www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey21
                    Dont get me wrong, I love the software. I love the work put into it, I love the interface, I really love the whole thing. But boy did the packaging to me ball get dropped...
                    Thank you for the feedback. We will make sure future orders have better packing on the DVDs. I apologize for the problems. Please e-mail your order number to [email protected] and we will replace your DVD. Occasionally product does get damaged in shipping. Quality and customer satisfaction is very important to us and we want to make sure you are happy.

We decided to get high quality printed StreetDeck DVDrs so we can always ship the latest version. We plan to add significant feature enhancements every month and it doesn’t make sense to stamp a mass quantity and then force people to download a patch for the latest and greatest.

Have a great weekend!

-Rob

Comment

Well handled Rob, as well as to Mickey for not dogging the Streetdeck/Mp3Car team and explaining the situation in a level-headed manner.
                      replicant
                      Audi A4 (flickr pics)

Comment

Originally posted by SnyperBob
                        I guess he just isn't satisfied spending $160 for a coaster.

Like they said, contact Fiber, email or call and they'll take care of you. I haven't had a single problem with my copy.
                        My point is that a DVD or CD damaged in shipping is the smallest problem someone's going to face doing a vehicle PC installation. If that's the only problem someone encounters, they should consider themselves very fortunate.
                        I haven't met a vendor or software company yet that had an issue about replacing damaged media.
                        As it has been pointed out multiple times, simply contacting them willg et you a replacement.

In this case, it's already been offered.
                        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by replicant
                          Well handled Rob, as well as to Mickey for not dogging the Streetdeck/Mp3Car team and explaining the situation in a level-headed manner.
                          At least someone understood my post creation. I am not here to yell at anyone. Merely here to state my disappointment with the situation. My only beef with Streetdeck/MP3car at all was that I was in fact shipped a faulty DVD in the first place.

Did you even read the entire post Darque?

I am trying to constructively criticize what happened to help them better understand the situation, help to correct the problems in the future, help to correct my problem and save everyone (store and customer) problems in the future. Win win for everyone. I didnt demand anything unreasonable or go off half cocked. Like I said, mostly just venting about something I was highly anticipating.

And properly shipped $150 dollar items shouldnt be sliding around in a case no matter how you think you can justify it. Heck, even Netflix can send out millions of DVD's a month and get them back in a condition to send them out over and over again IN A PAPER SLEEVE. How is my quandry unrealistic?

Comment

Originally posted by Fiberoptic

Have a great weekend!

-Rob
                            Thank you Rob, I am sending that email in to you right after I post this response. Much appreciated timely help. Like I have mentioned, many things could have happened and I see no one here really to blame, only that it can be better, and you're right, it is very likely an isolated issue.

Edit: Also, I can see your reasoning for the DVD format being burned...

Comment

Email sent...

Comment

Working...
                              X