Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

European Streetdeck Maps?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • European Streetdeck Maps?

    Are there any plans to release a version of Streetdeck with European and UK maps included, or possibly add compatibility for maps from other GPS packages like tomtom etc? I live in the UK and am 17 next month and will be getting my first car, and one of the more important things will be the in-car PC/Entertainment. I am currently really drawn to the Infill T3 but if the software doesn't act as an all-in-one thing (i.e. having to load a separate GPS package rather than the inbuilt one) would really turn me off the idea of the Infill unit.
    What software alternatives are there to Streetdeck and what do all of you lot use?

    Thanks

  • #2
    We should be releasing a StreetDeck european edition beta soon.
    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by god_of_cpu
      We should be releasing a StreetDeck european edition beta soon.
      Its funny, but I get weird behavior of the navi module... Sometimes when I search for POI's by name it comes up with places in europe, while functioning normally. If I do the same search again it will find the right places. Sometimes it takes several times to get it to work. That doesn't have to do with making mistakes while typing...
      http://incarCPU.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by debugger
        Its funny, but I get weird behavior of the navi module... Sometimes when I search for POI's by name it comes up with places in europe, while functioning normally. If I do the same search again it will find the right places. Sometimes it takes several times to get it to work. That doesn't have to do with making mistakes while typing...
        This is a problem related with the fact that the mappoint engine does not consider your current location in queries, its only filtered by distance after the search so you can very well get place names in europe since the north america edition includes all country names, just only street level data for north america. There is a fix in the works for this, but it probably won't be released for a while yet.
        StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
        Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
        The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by god_of_cpu
          ...but it probably won't be released for a while yet.
          It sounds like you guys have way too much work, but I gotta tell you its better when there is something to do than nothing. Eventually, you will perfect SD
          http://incarCPU.com

          Comment

          Working...
          X