Gesturing Sensitivity?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gesturing Sensitivity?

I may have a unique problem (I haven't seen it mentioned here yet). When I use gesturing to go to say the Videos module, and then go to Nav, and then go to Music - it becomes almost impossible to then just press buttons or selections on the screen. SD tries to turn every press on the touchscreen into a gesture. If I press towards the bottom of the screen, SD draws a line to the point where I pressed. It is then next to impossible to press a button on the screen. I have a very weak video card with 256 MB RAM, P4 1.8 and a Xenarc 700TSV screen. Any ideas?

LJ

Also, when this happens, gesturing doesn't work either.

LJ

Comment

Not quite sure if this is gesturing sensitivity....might just be delayed response due to your 'weak' video card.

Maybe try reducing your framerate to something really low, and if the problem still exists, try running Streetdeck with the -gdi switch. That would help determine whether it is in fact your video card or not.

Comment

It sounds like you have some strange setting for your touchscreen where it is not making the touches into a full mouse press, but rather toggling the touch on or something. You should play around with your touchscreen setting and see if you can fix it. Also, try just hooking up a mouse and using it. If the mouse doesn't cause the problems, you can be sure its something withthe touchscreen.
        StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
        Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
        The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

I added a better video card (was using onboard). Put in a GeForce MX440 64MB card. The program works better now (renders things much faster), but still have the same problem. I can make it happen by going to XM, then going to Videos, then going to Music (or back to XM) and then to Navigation. After that, the touchscreen acts very wierd. GOC - I did try using a mouse and it does the same thing with the mouse. I don't think it is a touchscreen issue because if I never go to Videos, it doesn't do it. Any other ideas?

LJ

Comment

Working...
          X