downloaded the trail, does nothing on 2 pc's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• downloaded the trail, does nothing on 2 pc's

well i downloaded the link to the setup.exe trial. i installed it on 2 pcs, one a desktop, one a laptop, both brand new high end pc's.

after the install i go to run it. it does nothing. i mean nothing. is this a common prob....and yes i have directx9 xp sp2 is installed..etc

Did it create a log?

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68776

I just did the install on a few different systems, and each one worked flawlessly.. They are all SP2 + all updates, dx9, wmp10 and no other software besides SD..
    Also have you tried the setup_beta.exe?

Comment

isn't the beta european?

http://www.streetdeck.com/update/setup.exe that is the only version i tried. as for the long i have no idea. it completes the install fine. when you click to run it, it does nothing. i picked the install option with

one pc is a media center pc, 3.2 ghz, 2 gb ram, 250 gb hd, wmp 10, sp2, nvidia 7800gt, other is a vaio tx650 laptop, centrino pentium m 1.2, 1.5 gig ram, 60 gig hd , wmp10, xp pro sp2

did the install without the infill t3 files

Comment

If you do ctrl+alt+del do you see streetdeck running as a process? Are you running with any command line options? Does it work if run with any command line options?
        StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
        Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
        The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

just tried the beta and nothing, does the same thing.

It runs as a process when you first click it then it dissappears and when you first click to load it you get the hourglass for a few seconds then nothing. i havent triend any command line options.

i just found streetdeck and its new to me, so i figured i'd just download that setup.exe and check it out and probably buy it, but this sux, i cant get it to do anything.

some of the other programs run, like the edit media path, edit voice interface, online update

Comment

would it not load if i dont have my gps receiver plugged in at the time of load or dont have a touchscreen

Comment

tried with command line options -NoNav -recordgps and -verbose as those were the only three i could find on this board, and still does nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gerard143 View Post
                just tried the beta and nothing, does the same thing.

It runs as a process when you first click it then it dissappears and when you first click to load it you get the hourglass for a few seconds then nothing. i havent triend any command line options.

i just found streetdeck and its new to me, so i figured i'd just download that setup.exe and check it out and probably buy it, but this sux, i cant get it to do anything.

some of the other programs run, like the edit media path, edit voice interface, online update
                Hi.
                I guess I've experienced something similar couple of times...

Make sure that you've killed all faulty streetdeck.exe processes with Task Manager.

Check your Display properties:
                StreetDeck requires screen 32 bit color depth and resolution to be not more than 1024x768 (maybe a bit more, but, at my experience, definitely not too large).

HTH
                (will update with anything else I'll recall about this...)

Comment

Originally posted by gerard143 View Post
                  tried with command line options -NoNav -recordgps and -verbose as those were the only three i could find on this board, and still does nothing.
                  try with an invalid command like -invalid and see if you get an error messagebox.
                  The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

I'm having the same issue on one of my PC's as well: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=84434
                    '04 Silverstone Enthusiast 6MT - Authentic INGS+1 LX Half Kit, Volk Racing SF-Winning, Fujitsubo Legalis-R Exhaust, JWT Pop-Charger, Hotchkis Springs, Burnt Orange Leather, StreetDeck

Comment

Streetdeck trial version crashes

I'm having the same problem on two systems. One Dell Latitude D600 which supports DirectX8.1 and also on Dell GX260 with Intel 82845G (supports Directx 5-9. Both were cadidates for the Tacoputer, guess I wait until someone posts a fix. I can see streetdeck.exe breifly in taskman, but no streetdeck logs, no NT events, no errors displayed on screen. Even with bogus command line options.

Comment

The only thing that I can possibly think of that would cause this problem where not even logs were created is for some reason it thinks there is already an instance of StreetDeck running. Do you have any other windows opened called StreetDeck, like windows explorer browsing the StreetDeck folder?

1.0.5.5 will change the way this works so it should fix this problem.

Comment

I tried running from command line with no windows open and got the same result. I then set up a new profile, logged in and got an error that the my document/streetdeck folder was missing. So I copied the folder from the old profile and the program launched! Not sure what the problem with the old profile could be, it was the admin account too - so you can tell I trust your code :-).

Comment

I've been trying to get StreetDeck to run on Vista, but I'm having the same problem. I know other people have been able to do it but it isn't working for me on RC1. (I know StreetDeck doesn't support vista and that I'm out on the bleeding edge, but I have a project that I want to do that needs Vista. Speech recognition for instance is much, much better than what is available in XP.)

Looking forward to trying 1.0.5.5 to see if that fixes the problem.
                            FJ Cruiser Car Computer Project
                            Infill T3 installed
                            Kyocera K1 and Verizon EVDO wireless internet
                            Sometimes On Webcam

Comment

Hi, I'm getting the same problem with both the trial and the beta (I'm in Europe so am biased to using the beta anyway).

This is on my laptop, which I'm testing SD on before I rework my CarPC.

It's a clean SP2 XP install as of yesterday, with all updates and only Anti Virus software installed as well as DX9 and Win Media player 10. (I don't have streetmap yet).

I've tried adjusting screen parameters as mentioned by tomcat, and have tried the command line options - this is one thing I'm a bit unsure of, I did this in the DOS prompt (inside Windows) and typed "streetdeck.exe -NoNav" inside the Streetdeck folder - was this correct?

In each instance (of course I tried the windows icon first) I get SD running as a process briefly, but disappears after a couple of seconds. I don't get any logs.

Can anyone help?

If this is sorted with the new update then thats cool, I can wait and try it on release.

Cheers.
                              2000 Vauxhall Vectra SXi
                              EPIA M12000 / 256MB RAM
                              PW-120 + ITPS
                              Slot Loading CDRW/DVD
                              30GB 2.5in HD
                              Lilliput 7" VGA + Touchscreen
                              GPS Nav
                              Installation progress {+++++++} (Installed! :) )

Comment

Working...
                              X