Playlist gone after shutdown/restart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playlist gone after shutdown/restart

Having a problem with SD and the Playlist. I am having to load a playlist everytime that SD comes up after being shut down. I've selected the option to resume last playing song and that works but after that song is over nothing else plays. I go into my music and find that it's the only song in my playlist. Am I missing some setting?
    I've set my save interval at 1 min so it should be saving everything before it shutsdown.
    Ampire|M1-ATX|VIA EPIA M10k|512 MB DDR|80 GB HDD|WinTV USB|Delorme Earthmate + Street Atlas '05|StreetDeck 1.0.5.3|DWW-700M|400w Inverter

playlist clears after SD resumes from hibernation or start up

I decided to reformat my drive and have a clean slate for SD install. For some reason after my reformatting, I would no longer install wmp 10 (incompatible for some reason) and am force to use wmp 11. Now with this setup, whenever i resume from hibernation or start up SD, the playlist only contains the current playing song. I am not sure if this is an SD conguration that am missing or if this issue is with wmp 11.

Has anyone run into an issue like this? anyone also have issues with install wmp 11?

Comment

I have WMP10 and mine clears the playlist if I restart. If I resume from stand-by, however, it is fine and keeps the rest of the playlist.
      '04 Silverstone Enthusiast 6MT - Authentic INGS+1 LX Half Kit, Volk Racing SF-Winning, Fujitsubo Legalis-R Exhaust, JWT Pop-Charger, Hotchkis Springs, Burnt Orange Leather, StreetDeck

Comment

anyone using windows media 11

Is there anyone else using windows media 11 with SD. I am having a lot of issues with it. first off, the only time the playlist is maintain after restart or hibernation is if i select all music prior to going on hibernation.
        Second, whenever I resume from hibernate and choose the "select this album" , streetdeck crashes.

Anyones else experiencing any off these issues? my xp is not letting my install windows media 10 so I have to get SD working with wmp 11.

Comment

Well I finally decided to fix the issue with not being able to install wmp 10. The issue was with the wmploc.dll in the windows/system32 folder. I copied the wmploc.dll from the windows/servicepackfilesv folder and moved it to system32 folder. This allowed me to install wmp 10. Now SD is behaving like it should. Only thing i notice is that when i select to queue music into the playlist that the same artist is selected. I'll research into that some more.

Comment

So i assume that WMP 11 is not yet sanctioned for SD. I have all the same issues in this thread. Selecting a song resulting from a search crashes most the time, and if it doesn't, it'll start playing, but selecting "Select Artist", or any of those "select *" buttons crashes SD most the time. If i'm lucky, it actually works. I guess i'll re-install WMP 10. At least the info in this thread will give developers a head start on problems with WMP 11.

Comment

I'm also interested in WMP 11 with SD, since I accidentally let my windows auto update install WMP 11.

Is ther eanyway to go back to WMP 10, and should I, to ensure compatibility with SD?
              2005 Infiniti G35 6MT Coupe Black/Black
              Core Duo CarPC
              CarDomain page

Comment

Yes, you will need to go back to WMP 10. You should be able to uninstall WMP 11, I believe through add/remove programs?

Then you might have to reinstall WMP10.

SD will not work with WMP11 in my experiences.

I'm not currently aware of any plans to integrate WMP11 or to not so I can't speak on it either way.
                Jan Bennett
                FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Has this issue been resolved??

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
                    Yes, you will need to go back to WMP 10. You should be able to uninstall WMP 11, I believe through add/remove programs?

Then you might have to reinstall WMP10.

SD will not work with WMP11 in my experiences.

I'm not currently aware of any plans to integrate WMP11 or to not so I can't speak on it either way.
                    Okay, thanks
                    Core Duo CarPC
                    CarDomain page

Comment

Originally posted by BhashaZ View Post
                      I have WMP10 and mine clears the playlist if I restart. If I resume from stand-by, however, it is fine and keeps the rest of the playlist.
                      Hmm, I've gone back to WMP 10, and it is still doing that (clearing the playlist when I restart) Any solutions or area I should look at?
                      Core Duo CarPC
                      CarDomain page

Comment

It may be a setting, much like winamp has the same setting to clear on close.

Check your options/preferences.
                        Jan Bennett
                        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Not a setting it always happen. ONly when you play all music when it doesn't clear but if you play from a directory it clears.

Comment

So, then, how the heck do I make a playlist that doesn't clear, it plays only the songs that I want (even though I have many other songs in my overall mp3 collection), resumes where it was when the program starts, and continues playing that playlist?
                            Core Duo CarPC
                            CarDomain page

Comment

I have the same problem. Did you ever get a fix?
                              Core Duo CarPC
                              CarDomain page

Comment

Working...
                              X