Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streetdeck shown at Intel conference

Streetdeck shown at Intel conference

Intel CEO Paul Otellini introduces colleague Anand Chandrasekher, vice president of low-power platforms, at the Intel Developer Forum, Sept. 26, in San Francisco. The two chipmaker execs look at a new tablet and how it communicates with a Wi-Fi-equipped car.

4 Minute Video Clip from CNET

http://news.com.com/Car%2C+driver+an...l?tag=fd_carsl

haha, SWEET!

I saw a few new options that should be released here real soon!!

looks great but the guy in the blue shirt on the stage looked bored....
    2003 Ford F-250 7.3L Diesel Crew Cab

Pictures of my truck, hobbies, and more HERE

Comment

That was a poorly planned presentation. You couldn't hardly see what was on the guy's screen. They should have hooked a video feed from the device instead of looking at a glared screen with finger prints all over it.

Oh well, at least StreetDeck got some great exposure.
      Ampire|M1-ATX|VIA EPIA M10k|512 MB DDR|80 GB HDD|WinTV USB|Delorme Earthmate + Street Atlas '05|StreetDeck 1.0.5.3|DWW-700M|400w Inverter

Comment

He did not read the marketing memo;

...look intrigued they are using our product!

PS The SD Frontend looked cool new skin coming ...?
        Car PC Status {------- }0%

Car Died along with Autonode Monitor after returned to me. Worked for 3 Months then died again. The car engined died not long after!

Upgraded to 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe
        Exploring options of a double din unit style Car PC.

Comment

The 'guy in blue' is Paul Otellini - CEO of Intel (successor to Craig Barrett who succeeded Andy Grove...). These demos at IDF are notorious for going 'wrong' and it appeared that it went OK!
          SLOJAM

1972 'slightly enhanced' 240Z
          Epia M10000 Win XP
          Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
          7" Touchscreen XMPCR GPS

Comment

Originally posted by slojam View Post
            The 'guy in blue' is Paul Otellini - CEO of Intel (successor to Craig Barrett who succeeded Andy Grove...). These demos at IDF are notorious for going 'wrong' and it appeared that it went OK!
            The demo went great, nothing failed. We were working on the hardware and software with VW for the demo for about three months, but given that the whole point was to show the most cutting edge stuff, alot of the details were just finalized within the last week. That ultra small UMPC is like one of only two functional prototypes in existence and had some typical prototype issues. They were just able to get it working and install StreetDeck on it the day before. Intel was well aware of how things have a tendancy to fail at the worst possible times and was adamant about having a backup plan to cover any possible failure. We scripted in several contingency features in case various things didn't work, but didn't have to use them, everything that was shown is possible with StreetDeck.
            StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
            Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
            The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

That's pretty damn cool Chuck.

Have some clam chowder in a bread bowl on Fisherman's Wharf for me, assuming you're actually in San Francisco for this deal.

So when are we going to see some of those new features in a consumer release? I want to be able to choose the nearest Starbucks with a couple clicks!

Also, how involved are y'all with developing the standards and whatnot that they were discussing?
              Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
              How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
                That's pretty damn cool Chuck.

Have some clam chowder in a bread bowl on Fisherman's Wharf for me, assuming you're actually in San Francisco for this deal.

So when are we going to see some of those new features in a consumer release? I want to be able to choose the nearest Starbucks with a couple clicks!

Also, how involved are y'all with developing the standards and whatnot that they were discussing?
                No, I didn't have time to go to San Fran, I have to work on the several other things we need to show at SEMA.

I think most of the features will be in the 1.0.5.5 release.

We are a member of the Digital Living Network Alliance (http://www.dlna.org) which develops standards for network interoperability and started an automotive sub group within it.
                StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
                Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
                The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

Paul Otellini always looks bored. I should know I see webcasts from him quite a bit, and met him once or twice. Even when he's excited he still looks bored.
                  Avengerki
                  PC Install: 85%
                  Car PC: Revo-Sys X300 Double Din: 1.3GHz Pentium
                  Software install and setup: 35%
                  Entertainment Package: 85%

Comment

IS there a digital mod for launch cast that look cool

Comment

Its on Anandtech's summary as well

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...spx?i=2840&p=8

P.S. They misspelled Volkswagen

Comment

I loved the concept of streaming different video to different screens on the headrest. Now is this already part of SD or will it be. This video just made me want SD real bad. i know SD will be part of my car pc in the near future.

Comment

wow, I have been holding out on SD for awhile but after watching the Scion xB coverage and now this, I must buy me a copy!

2 different videos streamed to different headrests...is this feature available right now with the current SD?
                          Lexus SC400
                          Subaru WRX Wagon

Comment

It should be tomorrow!!!

5.5 should come out in a matter of hours, im so counting this one down!

wow i just realized that i am a N E R D, lol
                            2003 Ford F-250 7.3L Diesel Crew Cab

Pictures of my truck, hobbies, and more HERE

Comment

CHUCK!!!!... You are holding out on us man! LOL

That streetdeck looks bada$$! I am really glad that I bought SD and I am happy with the interface. I cant wait to see what this program is going to be like in one year.

Hopefully we will get Sirius interface for this thing in the next release after 5.5.

Good work Chuck!!
                              2003 E46 BMW
                              Lilliput Transflective, GM965 mobo w/ Processor
                              ELMSCAN 5 USB, Slot load DVD, BU-353 GPS
                              Everything is for sale.

Comment

Working...
                              X