Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you fix your touchscreen working after standby????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you fix your touchscreen working after standby????

I have seen a post about the devcon thing but I was curious to know how someone has fixed this issue in SD?

Is this a real common issue?

I do have the lasted driver.
    2003 E46 BMW
    Lilliput Transflective, GM965 mobo w/ Processor
    ELMSCAN 5 USB, Slot load DVD, BU-353 GPS
    Everything is for sale.

Originally posted by polo6979 View Post
    I have seen a post about the devcon thing but I was curious to know how someone has fixed this issue in SD?

Is this a real common issue?

I do have the lasted driver.
    im on a similar issue, the problem is usb doesnt properly load after hibernation. my issue is with my usb sound card. and i have not yet found a solution on how to get the devcon working right.

Comment

I had the same problem. You can use devcon to disable the usb devises when you hybernate and then re-enable them afterwards but the easiest think for me was install sp2. It totally fixed the problem for me and it has been working great ever since.

Comment

I am running SP2.
        2003 E46 BMW
        Lilliput Transflective, GM965 mobo w/ Processor
        ELMSCAN 5 USB, Slot load DVD, BU-353 GPS
        Everything is for sale.

Comment

actually disable, re-enable is not such a good idea.

I use a "rescan" in the ResumeWait folder with devcon. This gets things to work 95% of the time.

Occasionally SD will crash when some USB devices "get stuck" coming out of standby. This is probably not SD's fault, but it would be nice if it didn't crash (i.e. it could "tolerate" some devices not working on resume - even if it's the USB sound card).

I'm thinking just a program to "delay" SD accessing devices for about 5 secs after resuming would allow the USB devices to initialize properly.

Comment

hmmm.. I am using disable and enable in a lil script for all my USB devices...

I have to check out the rescan option and see if it is any faster
            Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

HI guys, where do i find devcon? I have similar problems under sp2 as the rest of you

Comment

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=311272
                Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Sounds like running this as a little script with SD should solve things

Comment

I dont use streetdeck.. but its a windows issue more than a frontend issue.. and it fixed all my hibernate/standby USB issues...

Comment

Rescan doesn't work for me as windows wont come back unless the devises are disabled. Disable and enable works like a champ though. Just as a side note I have tried Vista on the same kit and I didn't have to do anything, it just worked as it should so looks like Micro$oft has fixed it once and for all.
                      Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

i'll hope on the vista bandwagon if the USB flakiness is gone - well whenever SD supports it...

Comment

True enough, usb does seem to be at best flakey under xp, although if you look back to usb support under win98 release2 it wasnt great then so things have got better. Hopefully vista will be the last level of developent and solve the last few issues with have with usb

Comment

hey guys, as i mentioned i have this similar issue, im a noob when it comes to "scripts" i have devcon, how do i go about "scripting" to get my usb to reset and work like the rest of you have managed to do?

Comment

have sent you a PM ranpid will catch up with you tomorow night with a full guide on how to use devcon.

Right now I need sleep
                              Visit my site V8 Scimitar

SP13000, 300GB SATA HD, 1GB DDR. Opus 150, K301 screen, Cisco WIFI, AQmax GPS, RoadRunner and FreeDrive, Sony MEX-R5 head unit. 4 years installed and it just keeps running!

Comment

Working...
                              X