Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

navigation speech problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • navigation speech problem

    I recently installed my PC in the car, I cant hear the speech directions from the navigation. I do hear music and when a turn is coming up I hear the music cut out for a few seconds and resume.
    I've looked through the settings and can't find anything.
    My Car!

  • #2
    Originally posted by dasaint80 View Post
    I recently installed my PC in the car, I cant hear the speech directions from the navigation. I do hear music and when a turn is coming up I hear the music cut out for a few seconds and resume.
    I've looked through the settings and can't find anything.
    your navigation volume might be too low.go to the volume control and raise the nav vol

    Comment


    • #3
      yea it took me a minute to notice the other Volumes in the "vol" menu. But I am sure thats what it is too
      2003 E46 BMW
      Lilliput Transflective, GM965 mobo w/ Processor
      ELMSCAN 5 USB, Slot load DVD, BU-353 GPS
      Everything is for sale.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jsdr78 View Post
        your navigation volume might be too low.go to the volume control and raise the nav vol
        Ok so I went in there and I raised it to 100% and I can bearly hear it, the Master Volume is also at 100% and the Windows Master Audio is also at 100%.

        So I don't know what else it would be.... Please help me...
        My Car!

        Comment


        • #5
          There is a speech control panel window in Windows XP. Go to WinXP Start Menu, then click Control Panel, then Speech, then click on the Text-to-Speech tab (the other tab is for voice recognition). Change the volume. You may have to click "Advanced" or "Properties" button - don't quite remember.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dasaint80 View Post
            I recently installed my PC in the car, I cant hear the speech directions from the navigation. I do hear music and when a turn is coming.
            Here is what u need to do to raise the volume

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jsdr78 View Post
              Here is what u need to do to raise the volume
              I did that.

              Originally posted by rcdash View Post
              There is a speech control panel window in Windows XP. Go to WinXP Start Menu, then click Control Panel, then Speech, then click on the Text-to-Speech tab (the other tab is for voice recognition). Change the volume. You may have to click "Advanced" or "Properties" button - don't quite remember.
              I'm going to try this one.

              Thanks for the quick replies!!
              My Car!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dasaint80 View Post
                I did that.



                I'm going to try this one.

                Thanks for the quick replies!!
                try it from the navigation and while playing media

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jsdr78 View Post
                  try it from the navigation and while playing media
                  where is the "Vol" Menu while in navigation??

                  Originally posted by rcdash View Post
                  There is a speech control panel window in Windows XP. Go to WinXP Start Menu, then click Control Panel, then Speech, then click on the Text-to-Speech tab (the other tab is for voice recognition). Change the volume. You may have to click "Advanced" or "Properties" button - don't quite remember.
                  Tried that, everything is 100%.
                  My Car!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    There is also a speech control in SD. go there and change the voice in sd. your voice might be set to something else

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X