Will there be support for Sirius?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there be support for Sirius?

Is there any update on when Sirius support might be available for StreetDeck?
    My setup: Hummer H3, iBase MB899, Intel Core Duo, RR, iGv3, DSATX, Mechatroniks chassis, 41Hz AMP3

not really, we will support it at some point, but I have no clue when that will end up being yet.
    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

Originally posted by god_of_cpu
      not really, we will support it at some point, but I have no clue when that will end up being yet.
      XM blows, and will go out of business soon anyway. Get sirius in Street Deck so I can listen to Howard!

Comment

It would be great if Sirius is supported. Especially when the USB hardware is available at MP3car.com for it.

The sooner, the better I say.

Comment

thats why i am not buying it. XM sucks!!!
          Progress Status - 1%
          [////////////////////////]

Number of Times Rebuilding ( Crashes )
          1 out of 1

Software Config
          Hard Ware
          AMD Fx 1.4
          512 ram
          40gig HD 7200

Software
          Road Runner
          Winamp w/ video input plugin

More coming Soon..

Comment

yes i do agree XM is pretty weak on its music choice. It seems to corporate sirius just plays whatever the hell it wants cursing and all

Comment

XM is the lame. Sirius is much better. I feel after I can already play anything I want via MP3, the music thing is a no brainer. But I would like to have Sirius as well for some of the other stuff mentioned, shows and etc...

Comment

I'm in agreement with the rest of you as far as Sirius vs XM, but for different reasons. NASCAR is moving to Sirius starting next year, and I want to be able to hear a race uninterrupted when driving cross-country.
                It's not a deal-breaker for me, though. It's just a nice thing to have.
                Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I can understand the debate between Satellite radio.

BUT in terms of advertised capabilities StreetDeck should be advertised as XM Compatible.. NOT Satellite. Since there are only two choices my asumption was that it was both.... later to find out that it is not.

Comment

I see this is suggested ALOT in here. Do we know if this is going to be added anytime soon?

I purchased the Sirius Connect system to use in SD (to find out it doesnt support it) and dont mind holding onto it if it will be added in the next few months.

Chuck.....?
                    2003 E46 BMW
                    Lilliput Transflective, GM965 mobo w/ Processor
                    ELMSCAN 5 USB, Slot load DVD, BU-353 GPS
                    Everything is for sale.

Comment

I think they must be hardocre XM fans. It cant be that hard to write some code to use the sirius interface. It is the one reason I wont buy SD

Comment

yea maybe you SD guys should reconsider this, but I'd actually rather them spend their time fixing all the bugs and making StreetDeck as stable as possible.

Comment

I purchased SD for the "Satalite radio".... this was a major disapointment to me.

Is there any other way to intergrate it into SD using another app? What about a digmod?
                          2003 E46 BMW
                          Everything is for sale.

Comment

If you really want to make SD kick A$$.... add the sirius traffic feature to the GPS as well..... now this would beat any feature added!!

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/Conten...=1134268001280
                            2003 E46 BMW
                            Everything is for sale.

Comment

I was also disappointed to find SD didn't support Sirius. Mitch seems to make the dll available to whoever needs it. It looks like RR is the only frontend to Support it....oh, and DigitalDash.
                              PROGRESS: 20%[++--------]
                              Current Project: OS Config
                              Intel Mac Mini Core Duo running Win XP
                              Carnetix P-1900+PNP cable
                              Xenarc 700TSV
                              Global Sat BU-353 GPS
                              Alpine Sirius Reciever with mitchjs board
                              Car2PC adapter
                              RoadRunner
                              PhoCo

Comment

Working...