Can't run StreetDeck on Vista / can't update either

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't run StreetDeck on Vista / can't update either

Install seems to go fine; then, I launch SDUpdate.exe either from start/programs or directly from the command shell while under "program files\streetdeck".. and get this (after downloading the 1.5.0.8 update)

"the streetdeck update program must be run from the streetdeck application path!"

What would you suggest? Vista installed on E: drive, I sure hope there is no hard reference to C drive or something.

Thanks,

Magician.

Edit the shortcut for Streetdeck Updater so the Start In is the same path where StreetDeck was installed.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Ok so that moves one step further; now it downloads but pops up this:

"The StreetDeck update program MUST be run from the StreetDeck application path!"

Why isn't this still fixed? I'm holding my evaluation and potential purchase based on this bug being fixed. Please release a new full package that addresses this problem. Thank you.

Comment

download the latest version and install it... they have made changes to allow it to run on windows vista SINCE version 1.5.0.8
        Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Thank you.

I uninstalled old version and did a complete new install with the latest setup.exe from the web as of today 1/15/2007 and it did install just fine indeed. So I'm in the app now.

While it's off-topic for this thread; I noticed that volume control has no use in Vista. SD shows muted but I get sound, I increase volume in SD but nothing changes. I change Vista volume and it does change the volume output.

Maybe the app-specific volume management in Vista needs some special treatment. Hopefully this will be taken care of later in the release cycle.

Comment

hmm weird... hopefully god_of_cpu reads this post and lets us know how to fix it
            Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

I know vista controls the volume diffrently as now windows can control volume of each independent application, same for winamp etc etc, im sure its a simple code change

Comment

I hope they integrate frodo's Matchvol program into streetdeck... that way they tie the master, wave and line-in/mic volume together.. so that you get a nice incremental volume increase.. just like you would with a regular headunit

Comment

Vista is a resource hog anyways. Especially for a 1GHz with 1GB ram haha
                  ______How to
                  _____type in
                  ___English:

Their = possessive
                  They're = they are
                  There = something exists/used to explain the location of something

Your = possessive
                  You're = you are

Comment

Vista handles standby /resume much better than XP ever did... you don't need to use devcon to get it to work properly

true, you do need a faster processor than 1ghz... but more and more people are using faster processors anyway

for example I am using vista on my 1.8Ghz laptop with 1gb of ram.. and it runs fine

Comment

I won't get into an OS war with you or anything because there are benefits and drawbacks to all of them (Vista included).

But, just like XP needs 1GB to work smoothly with multitasking (and I don't mean 1 two two programs at the same time) Vista needs like 4GB to work haha just kidding.
                      ______How to
                      _____type in
                      ___English:

Their = possessive
                      They're = they are

Your = possessive
                      You're = you are

Comment

keep in mind that you dont really multitask on your carpc... you are basically just running your frontend...

but I agree they all have their own set of isues

Comment

I was talking more in the home machine and laptop realm than the car. I personally won't be upgrading any time soon because XP is perfect for my uses but I know people that have. And they are pushing XPS laptops and they notice lags, high memory utilization, etc. Not the drastic change as XP was to the Win2k/98 market in my eyes.

I personally haven't had ANY problems on ANY of my computers or previous computers with USB devices and hibernation or standby so I can't attest to those needing devcon to function properly. And I use hibernation every day and standby sometimes.

And I'm talking about 7 computers total in the past three years alone.

Are the problems USB specific or device/hardware specific? I haven't read a lot about the problems since I will just address the problems as they arise.
                          ______How to
                          _____type in
                          ___English:

Their = possessive
                          They're = they are

Your = possessive
                          You're = you are

Comment

the soundblaster audigy doesn't like standby too much... I have also found that if I disable all my usb devices I for one use less power during standby and two.. I resume from standby a lot faster... (2 seconds vs 4)

in hibernate I have no issues at all either...

Comment

Working...
                            X