Dual Monitors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Monitors

I am aware SD support dual monitors. Anyone running this setup care to explain how SD performs with this. What defaults to second monitor. Are the another set of controls in SD to adjust these settings?

Thanx
    Engineering....Where the unknowing teach the unwilling the unnecessary.

Originally posted by jAyRoCkS24r View Post
    I am aware SD support dual monitors. Anyone running this setup care to explain how SD performs with this. What defaults to second monitor. Are the another set of controls in SD to adjust these settings?

Thanx
    Multi monitor support is very buggy. you will need to set up your touchscreen to be on the second monitor. all keyboard and mouse function is disable in the second monitor. visual is shown in the first monitor. basically how sd works is that the extended display become the main display and the main display becomes the rear. dvd is not working right. can't go to root menu and u can't control it. video will stop after 30 sec of play from rear. beside that everything else work fine.

Comment

When you say visual...do you mean visualization effects (i.e. windows media player visualizations)? I currently run in testmode (for debugging )...video now plays on my primary monitor. Will i loose that functionality? Would you say there are any advantages of having dual monitors versus just simply spiliting the primary feed to two rear head sets?

Comment

only thing is visualization effects jumps to the back and the back seat passenger can use the computer like a normal computer from the back while u got streetdeck loaded to the front. You will definitely loose the functionality of videos in the front even while parking and dvd cannot be control even when parking. It still not fully develop.

Comment

SD should add Dual Mouse support. I found a website that has a driver for dual mouse support. It's pretty nifty. Sd should just run two versions of SD in each monitor and with dual mouse support it would work fine :P

Comment

Can someone post a screen shot of the visulalizations from the second screen? Are they just your typical windows media player ones?

Comment

Working...
            X