Possible Bug in music playing after bootup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Bug in music playing after bootup

I have noticed ever since the 1.06.0 update that when streetdeck returns from standby or bootup it is only playing one song and repeats that one song.

I have tested this several times and here is what happens:

I go to Selete Music --> Local Library --> Genre --> Classic Rock

It starts to play "Baracuda - Heart" and you can see all the other music.

I can close the program, go into standby, or reboot and the only song that will show in my playlist is "Baracuda - Heart".

Anyone else having this problem?
    2003 E46 BMW
    Lilliput Transflective, GM965 mobo w/ Processor
    ELMSCAN 5 USB, Slot load DVD, BU-353 GPS
    Everything is for sale.

I'll have to play with this today. I've been locked to the computer doing work stuff, so haven't had much time to mess with the PC in the truck.

I know at one point, my PC did a hard shut down, and it did this. I usually hibernate, and don't have any problems when that worked properly.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

This has done it to me a few more times. Is this a known issue?
      2003 E46 BMW
      Everything is for sale.

Comment

I have had this issue too. it only happens when SD is shutdown completely. However it does not happen after hibernation. i thought it was a feature of SD to clear playlist after a restart. But am sure am wrong about that

Comment

Is this something that is going to be fixed? It is aggravating the crap out of me.
          2003 E46 BMW
          Everything is for sale.

Comment

Please send your logs to [email protected]

Also look for StreetDeck.wpl in your My documents\StreetDeck path. This file should contain all the files in your playlist on shutdown.
            StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
            Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
            The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

Chuck, can you please explain how SD handles actual playlists and how the StreetDeck.wpl file works? I am attempting to fix this issue myself: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=84480

Thanks!
              '04 Silverstone Enthusiast 6MT - Authentic INGS+1 LX Half Kit, Volk Racing SF-Winning, Fujitsubo Legalis-R Exhaust, JWT Pop-Charger, Hotchkis Springs, Burnt Orange Leather, StreetDeck

Comment

I have what sounds like a similar problem...

After power mgmt. events SD will sometimes come back with either only a single song in the playlist, will scroll to the first entry in the playlist regardless of which song I choose in the list (but will not play any song in the playlist), or starts playing and stops shortly thereafter.

What I found is that my 1394 media drive is disappearing during these events and frequently throwing Windows Delayed Write Failed errors. A hot unplug/re-plug of the drive cures this until the next power mgmt. event.

If you're using an external media drive, toggle SD out of fullscreen when this occurs and check for your drive. Also check the System Event Log for delayed write failures etc.

Unless SD is filtering PNP IRPs for removable media devices (which I highly doubt) this is strictly an OS problem in my case. This has been an XP problem for sometime and there are post-SP2 class/port driver updates specifically to address this. Search Google for "XP delayed write failure 1394" or "XP delayed write failure USB".

On media drives it is a good idea to disable write caching (set to Optimize for Quick Removal or something like that) in the drive's properties. Delayed write failures occur when cached writes are left in host or drive memory and never committed upon shutdown/standby/hibernate.

Comment

Well this is actually not a playlist for me..... Its playing a Genre.

I will grab the logs tonight and mail them to you chuck.
                  2003 E46 BMW
                  Everything is for sale.

Comment

After testing this for a while it is only happening in the Genre... it doenst happen anywhere else.
                    2003 E46 BMW
                    Everything is for sale.

Comment

it happens randomly. I also have that problem. On some folders it play on some it just disappear.

Comment

I get that sometimes... I dont really know if it is every time.. since I listen to XM mostly...

I use standby/resume on my pc...
                        Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Working...
                        X