Progress on the europ version

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress on the europ version

I there any progress on the europ version of SD??

There has been a release of a lite version of StreetDeck: https://store.mp3car.com/ProductDeta...Code=SDK%2D009

It does not include the map data or the voices. However, you can use the European version of Map Point to get the map data. POIs will not work though.

Hope this helps.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Unicode won't work, so french, german... etc characters (, , ...) won't work either.
      List of front-ends/usefull apps
      XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

and some other things are missing which makes it not very user friendly but works (don't show your wife but for techies ok):

1. missing umlauts and special (above 7 bit ascii) characters on navigation instructions and route search etc. --> this is very annyoing
        1. clock is always am/pm not 24 hour --> can live with that. is it possible to change it with skinning?
        2. drive speeds is still in mph instead kmh --> use your good old hp calculator or brain
        3. screen shows kph instead kmh (good try just to translate miles per hour to kilometers per hour). the correct abbreviation is kmh-->change label in skin (think should be possible)

Comment

Originally posted by upspace View Post
          3. screen shows kph instead kmh (good try just to translate miles per hour to kilometers per hour). the correct abbreviation is kmh-->change label in skin (think should be possible)
          Actually, in Canada we use "kph". Kilometres Per Hour.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidPT View Post
            Actually, in Canada we use "kph". Kilometres Per Hour.
            Kilometres per hour (American spelling) is a unit of both speed (scalar) and velocity (vector). The symbol is kmh−1 or km/h but is often, though incorrectly, abbreviated to kph (see also mph).

BTW tried to change it with skin editor but seems to be hardcoded. Anybody know who to change the date/time format?

Comment

Originally posted by upspace View Post
              Kilometres per hour (American spelling) is a unit of both speed (scalar) and velocity (vector). The symbol is kmh−1 or km/h but is often, though incorrectly, abbreviated to kph (see also mph).

BTW tried to change it with skin editor but seems to be hardcoded. Anybody know who to change the date/time format?
              2 points (It should be noted here that I am a Canadian living in the USA):

1) Kilometres is not an American spelling (they'd use "kilometer"). If anything, it's Canadian which we likely picked up from the Brits.

2) The "/" is said "per". Saying KPH is wrong becasue we abbreviate the "per" is as arrogant as most Americans (sorry, guys) not realizing that the rest of the English speaking word uses different spellings than they do. Heck, we think the European countries that reresent ten thousand as "10.000,00" are crazy. That doesn't make it "wrong" in your own culture. My thinking is that kmh is obviously wrong, since there's no representation of the division or "per". KMH to me would mean km * h (which I would think has no common meaning, but could somehow be a valid unit of measure)

You don't mention what country you live in, but I assume from the metion of missing umlauts that it may be Germany.

Comment

Working...
              X