Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics FPS slowdown...

Hey all,

I've been testing StreetDeck for a while now, and I have frustrating graphics issues preventing me from comitting to using the program in the car.

I am running SD on a Dell 1.7 P4/512MB under WinXP Pro with a Radeon 7000 PCI graphics card that supports Direct3D. I seem to experience sluggish graphics performance unless I run SD in 640x480 resolution, and even when I run SD in 640x480, there are frustrating slowdowns in certain portions of the program.

By "sluggish", I mean that:
    • Transitions don't render smoothly when switching between modules
    • The "glowing" button highlight doesn't move smoothly from button to button
    • When I trigger the shutdown module, the onscreen countdown jumps from number to number
    • When loading the next MP3, the SD experiences all the graphics issues above, and becomes almost non-responsive until the next mp3 is loaded.

These issues occur even when I have selected "Run in 640X480 resolution" under "Properties".

I am currently running SD with the following command line parameters:
    • -Nodelayload
    • -NodelayComp
    • -testmode
    • -backgroundMP3
    • -info

What should I do? Would reinstalling SD help for any reason? What would a reasonable FPS be for a Radeon 7000?

Thanks!

EDIT: Bump.

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Do you have DirectX 9 installed?
    Do you have the absolute latest drivers for your video card installed?

If you want to get together after the holidays, I'm game. But through Christmas, I'm a wee bit busy....
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
      Do you have DirectX 9 installed?
      Do you have the absolute latest drivers for your video card installed?

If you want to get together after the holidays, I'm game. But through Christmas, I'm a wee bit busy....
      Yep, DirectX9 is installed and drivers are fresh from ATI's website. I'll work on it for the time being, and shoot you an PM after Christmas if I can't figure it out.

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

Working...
      X