Parameter Incorrect... Navigation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parameter Incorrect... Navigation

When I enter Navigation... I get the typical "acquiring" or whatever message saying that yes, I am looking for the GPS module and/or signal... then however I get this dreaded message in a separate window... that unfortunately never want to go away...stating something about "Parameter Incorrect... etc" The damned thing just seems to cycle around and around... even if I press the "OK" part of it , it refuses to stop.... I basically have to pull the power cord on the CPU to reset this nightmare.... and ideas????????? anyone.......

Can you post the event log for streetdeck after this happens?
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Did you change your settings for the com port in streetdeck for the gps or in windows? If not, try changing the com port to the sim file to rule out software vs hardware issue.
      Mitsubishi Eclipse 2006 GT
      Infill T3 running StreetDeck

Comment

Info on the type of GPS hardware you're using would be helpful as well.

I use the Delorme Earthmate USB, which requires that the COM port be set in StreetDeck AND also set in a seperate downloaded utility from Delorme for the Earthmate AND that the GPS be plugged into the same (physically the same) USB port every time.

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

I'm using the USGlobalSat BU-353, from MP3Car.com, as a GPS receiver... How does one pull a event log? Do I have to set this up when Streetdeck starts, or is an event log created each time Streetdeck starts... The interesting thing about this is that the GPS Digital Mod, reports that the GPS is receiving satellites and displays a current heading... in fact if I start the Digital Mod before I start driving, it displays my current heading and speed correctly.... Telling me that the GPS is working and that Streedeck is reading the GPS... However forget about the Navigation part... thats where the "Parameter Incorrect" comes in...

Comment

it's an event log that's in your mydocuments/streetdeck/logs folder.
            Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

RedGTiVR6:
              Should I use the "-verbose" command when I start Streetdeck, or is this log file created regardless? I will look for it tomorrow... Bothering me the most though is the fact that the DigitalMod for GPS Status is reading and relaying GPS data, however Streetdeck goes ballistic when I try to go into Navigation.........

Comment

you might as well, it will just post more info than the normal log.

you have gone into the settings and made sure it's all correct in there, correct? Made sure to check the entire list of settings? Not just the first page of them that come up?
                Jan Bennett

Comment

RedGTiVR6:
                  Added the log file from the directory as you've suggested... thanks... I looked through it.. like I really know what I'm looking at???? Anyways maybe you or someone on the forum can make some sense of it.... I am still contemplating on either reloading the 1.06 Update and/or just pull the image of the 1.059 to see if my problem goes away with this Nav issue.. mind you the GPS Status is working fine and receiving data from what I've seen from up to at most 9 satellites!!!!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Please run with the command line option of -verbose before uploading the log file.
                    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
                    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
                    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

GOC --
                      As you have requested I have added the -verbose version of the log file... As you will notice I've updated to the lastest and greatest 1.0.6.3 version.. however to no avail... Streetdeck still acts the same whenever I try to access Navigation.. locks up and and displays the "Parameter... Incorrect" message... What bothers me the most however is the fact that the GPS Status digital mod continues to function normally... indicating satellites and displaying bearing and speed.... I have not as of yet tried restoring my old version 1.0.5.9, when all was well, however I might try later today...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Well with the Christmas Holiday past.... I'm still trying to find out what the heck is wrong with my Streetdeck Navigation... Still doing the "Parameter Incorrect.." thing... not to mention... problems with XM "Connecting...." indefinitely... I'm including the the two lastest -verbose files from last night... can someone... anyone... please help and tell me where to go from here.... What am I doing wrong.... HELP!!!!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by fiveslo View Post
                          Well with the Christmas Holiday past.... I'm still trying to find out what the heck is wrong with my Streetdeck Navigation... Still doing the "Parameter Incorrect.." thing... not to mention... problems with XM "Connecting...." indefinitely... I'm including the the two lastest -verbose files from last night... can someone... anyone... please help and tell me where to go from here.... What am I doing wrong.... HELP!!!!
                          If satellite radio always shows connecting, it means it hasn't recieved a signal from the XM hardware. Is the XM direct compatibility mode checkbox set in settings? Are you sure all your cables are hooked up correctly? Are you sure you selected the right COM port?

Does nav work with a GPS simulation file? You can download one from here:
                          http://www.mp3car.com/wiki/index.php...nstration_Mode
                          The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

GOC--

I backtracked to the XM direct compatibility mode checkbox... and it wasn't checked... after checking it, XM now works.. however... even still in the Settings part of Streetdeck... when I choose "Detect".... Streetdeck cannot find the XM box... funny since XM is actually playing while all this is taking place?????? This is true for the Navigation and the GPS receiver, too....

As far as the GPS goes.... figure this one out.... but don't spend too much time on it... I restored my Windoze XP Pro, to the last image... which was somewhere in October... way before 1.0.6 was available... anyways, I tried to relaunch Streetdeck after the restore, and it failed miserably... something about missing files, etc... because now I was knee deep in dog do do... I tried restoring back to the current day... it took, and Streetdeck restarted normally with 1.0.6.3.... the most interesting thing about all this was the fact that now when I pressed Navigation.. my Navigation works.... what the heck did I do that correct the original problem???? I changed no parameters, comm ports, settings... NOTHING... except the Windoze restore bit.... interesting, except makes no sense.... I guess I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth???? I will check out the GPS sim file.... maybe I'll get some experience using it to troubleshoot problems in the future.....

Comment

Well the parameter incorrect thing is a COM error. It should have little do with the parameters you set in settings and is raised when streetdeck tries to call a mappoint function in a way that it wasn't expecting. The thing is if this was a StreetDeck problem, unless you have some real special hardware config, I would expect to see the problem happen on every machine. The only thing I could think it could be is that the mappoint install was messed up in some way.

Comment

Working...
                              X