StreetDeck Limited Edition Released for $119.00

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StreetDeck Limited Edition Released for $119.00

A new less expensive version of StreetDeck has been put on the store. It is the same as the full DVD version, execept for the following things:
    • No Navigation Data
    • No DVD
    • No Enhanced Voices

What you are purchasing is simply a registration code for the trial version. You will be e-mailed a registration code after you submit your machine codes, but will be not be shipped a DVD.

We may do so in the future, but we do not currently offer the navigation data or updated voices for sale standalone that would allow you to upgrade to navigation at a future time. However, if you install a compatible version of Microsoft Mappoint, navigation will work in this version of StreetDeck. This includes Mappoint 2004, 2006, and Mappoint Europe. You will NOT be able to use the Find Places function in navigation in this version of StreetDeck even after you install mappoint though as this feature is only available for the full DVD version of StreetDeck.

The limited edition can be purchased here:
    http://store.mp3car.com/ProductDetai...Code=SDK%2D009
    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Full european version

Is what i need, any eta?
    My v70 carputer worklog...
    CarTFT MM400 | ASUS N4L-VM DH | Intel Core Solo T1300 1.66 GHz
    2 * Kingston 512 pc2 5300 | Seagate Momentus 5400 100 gb
    G.Mouse BU-353 | M2-ATX |
    Running Streetdeck

Comment

Voice

With mappoint installed, will the voice instructions work with GPS nav? I assume one can still search for a POI in the normal manner within mappoint?

Comment

Yes, the voices work just fine.
        Yo can also purchase additional voices (like the AT&T Natural Voices) and those work well, also.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by roedkaelk View Post
          Is what i need, any eta?
          If you purchase the limited edition and install mappoint europe it will work. Europe is and will continue to be supported in this version. The only thing not availble will be non-ascii characters.

A full bundled european version is probably months away.
          StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
          Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
          The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
            Yes, the voices work just fine.
            Yo can also purchase additional voices (like the AT&T Natural Voices) and those work well, also.
            I googled "AT&T Natural Voices", but their website doesn't offer any way to buy the voices...where can they be purchased?

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by god_of_cpu View Post
              If you purchase the limited edition and install mappoint europe it will work. Europe is and will continue to be supported in this version. The only thing not availble will be non-ascii characters.

A full bundled european version is probably months away.
              i realized that the non-ascii characters are not shown on the navigation instructions which makes streetdeck's lock and feel very unprofessional and unusable trying to read e.g. german streetnames with a lot of ÷Řa and ▀.

by when can we expect to have those special characters being displayed? months is not an answer for paying customers. this is a main failure of functionality not mentioned in this thread until yesterday. i bought the software before! unhappy customer!

some other things you probably should consider for the european customers

1. although you can specify kilometers as units instead of miles, the speed definitions are still in mph
              2. english voices for german streets are very funny. you should have the option to speak everything in german (driving instructions plus street names)
              3. (off topic) please add a estimated time of arrival and current speed label on the panel. it would also be nice to have a beep or warning if you are over speed limit (as iguidance is doing).

IMO the navigation screen/functionality still needs a lot of improvement compared to other carPC frontends/navigation software (roadrunner, iguidance, destinator). the reason why i decided for streetdeck is the integration of modules rather than doing configurations for hours or days until something works (trying to integrate iguidance into road runner with large buttons and on-screen-keyboard was a nightmare).

i haven't understood mp3 navigation/loading yet. seems to be a complete new way how streetdeck is approaching it. what do i have to do to load an entire album in alphabetic song title order and not in track order...

Comment

There are several downloadable TTS programs that use a couple of really good voices that are much better than those included in the MSFT speech SDK or AT&T.

Ultra Hal:

http://www.zdnet.com.au/downloads/0,...329180s,00.htm

NeoSpeech:

http://www.neospeech.com/

I'm using VWKate (Neo Kate 16 in NeoSpeech). It is a very natural sounding voice that isn't nearly as choppy or grating as some of the SDK voices like MSFT Bob.

Comment

does this work with the newly-released mappoint 2007 and autoroute 2007 (european mappoint)?

Comment

oh and thank you btw for making this version available, since I'd rather have the option to buy it without the nav software.

Comment

Originally posted by upspace View Post
                      i bought the registration three days ago, still haven't received the code
                      you should have recieved your code. I show that it was sent out to you 21+ hours ago.

The reason there was a slight lag in getting you your registration key is that you placed the order on New Years day. So there was really only a single day lag in there.

i realized that the non-ascii characters are not shown on the navigation instructions which makes streetdeck's lock and feel very unprofessional and unusable trying to read e.g. german streetnames with a lot of ÷Řa and ▀.
                      Keep in mind, StreetDeck was initially written with North America in mind. The Lite version that you purcahsed is simply the same software but without the Navigation data present. We had a lot of folks request this since they already had the map data from other sources (work being the primary).

by when can we expect to have those special characters being displayed? months is not an answer for paying customers. this is a main failure of functionality not mentioned in this thread until yesterday. i bought the software before! unhappy customer!
                      Our developers are working their tails off currently to get requested functionality working. This will be put in the list of to-dos.

1. although you can specify kilometers as units instead of miles, the speed definitions are still in mph
                      This will be put on the list as well.

2. english voices for german streets are very funny. you should have the option to speak everything in german (driving instructions plus street names)
                      Since you purchased the lite version, there are no voices included. You can choose your own voices to use with the software if you like.

3. (off topic) please add a estimated time of arrival and current speed label on the panel. it would also be nice to have a beep or warning if you are over speed limit (as iguidance is doing).
                      This will be added to the list as well.

IMO the navigation screen/functionality still needs a lot of improvement compared to other carPC frontends/navigation software (roadrunner, iguidance, destinator). the reason why i decided for streetdeck is the integration of modules rather than doing configurations for hours or days until something works (trying to integrate iguidance into road runner with large buttons and on-screen-keyboard was a nightmare).
                      Thanks for your input.
                      Jan Bennett
                      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
                        Thanks for your input.
                        Don't understand me wrongly. I really appreciate the work you guys are doing for SD. I just try to make the software even better with my feedback.

I have been using SD now for approx 5 days in my car. So far i can say that it is the best CarPC software. Saying this I have been using Frodoplayer, RoadRunner and CentralFuse. Some are a nightmare to configure, other are just not stable or are lacking many important features. SD ran without any crash.

Nevertheless two things need to be changed. I know you could skin or work around the below requested features. But I think this would be very well appreciated features for an out-of-the-box solution.

1. QWERTY keyboard as default
                        2. Music navigation / loading should be much simpler

Comment

Originally posted by god_of_cpu View Post
                          A new less expensive version of StreetDeck has been put on the store. It is the same as the full DVD version, execept for the following things:
                          • No Navigation Data
                          • No DVD
                          • No Enhanced Voices

What you are purchasing is simply a registration code for the trial version. You will be e-mailed a registration code after you submit your machine codes, but will be not be shipped a DVD.

We may do so in the future, but we do not currently offer the navigation data or updated voices for sale standalone that would allow you to upgrade to navigation at a future time. However, if you install a compatible version of Microsoft Mappoint, navigation will work in this version of StreetDeck. This includes Mappoint 2004, 2006, and Mappoint Europe. You will NOT be able to use the Find Places function in navigation in this version of StreetDeck even after you install mappoint though as this feature is only available for the full DVD version of StreetDeck.

The limited edition can be purchased here:
                          http://store.mp3car.com/ProductDetai...Code=SDK%2D009

Why take out the Find Places feature? I thought all we needed was Mappoint and it would be the same thing.

Also what voices are included in the Full version? MS Mappoint has one or 2 I think. Do you include others besides the MS MP 2006 ones?

Comment

Originally posted by CannonBaller View Post
                            Why take out the Find Places feature? I thought all we needed was Mappoint and it would be the same thing.

Also what voices are included in the Full version? MS Mappoint has one or 2 I think. Do you include others besides the MS MP 2006 ones?
                            I believe the find places feature has some tie in with how the fully integrated version of StreetDeck works. The lite version has never been touted as 'just needing map point and it's the same as the full version'. It's always been pointed out that certain features would not work like the full version.

There are a few much higher quality voices in the full version. There's a pretty noticeable difference in the quality of these voices and the 'stock' map point voices.
                            Jan Bennett
                            FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

streetdeck-mappoint ?

does streetdeck come with the same mappoint you can buy in a store or is it branded for streetdeck. streetdeck can only be used on one personal computer.... can the mappoint program shipped with streetdeck be used on more than one personal computer or is it locked to the streetdeck program

Comment

Working...
                              X