will this work with streetdeck?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will this work with streetdeck?

will this GPS receiver http://store.mp3car.com/ProductDetai...Code=GPS%2D002 work with streetdeck? im running a mac mini but using xp. im going to buy streetdeck soon and i need to know if i buy this it will work with streetdeck. Also is that GPS receiver and streetdeck all i need for GPS to work, correct?

Yes and yes.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

You'll have to use xport to get it to work properly if you plan on using hibernation though.
      Build Two:
      Planning: [==========]100%
      Purchasing: [=====---------]50% (Car just got broken into)
      Design: [=======-----]70% (Building a false panel to cover up my goodies)
      Install: [======--------]600% (Need to replace screen and beisel)

Comment

Originally posted by skiman View Post
        Also is that GPS receiver and streetdeck all i need for GPS to work, correct?
        yes as long as you get the full version, not the lite version.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by EvilLawnGnome View Post
          You'll have to use xport to get it to work properly if you plan on using hibernation though.
          What is xport? I am using it w/ hibernation without any issues and to my knowledge, I am not using xport. I just installed the drivers that it came with and it shows as a comport.

Ryan

Comment

ill be using standby not hibernation

Comment

Originally posted by pickupthepace View Post
              What is xport? I am using it w/ hibernation without any issues and to my knowledge, I am not using xport. I just installed the drivers that it came with and it shows as a comport.

Ryan
              Really? Whenever I go into hibernation, windows fails to reinitialize the usb-serial driver, and causes an error in any program that trys to use the nmea data. xPort is a virtual port replicator. It lets you use your gps device for a number of different programs instead of just one. It also resets the serial driver after hibernation.
              Build Two:
              Planning: [==========]100%
              Purchasing: [=====---------]50% (Car just got broken into)
              Design: [=======-----]70% (Building a false panel to cover up my goodies)
              Install: [======--------]600% (Need to replace screen and beisel)

Comment

Originally posted by EvilLawnGnome View Post
                Really? Whenever I go into hibernation, windows fails to reinitialize the usb-serial driver, and causes an error in any program that trys to use the nmea data. xPort is a virtual port replicator. It lets you use your gps device for a number of different programs instead of just one. It also resets the serial driver after hibernation.
                I don't have that problem.
                I use GPSGate, which is similar in fucnction to xPort. That may be the reason.
                Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I use GPSGate as well without problems.

Comment

Working...
                  X