XM "connecting..." forever

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XM "connecting..." forever

I just installed the trial. One issue I have is the XM will not work. Its on com1, I use it all the time with Frodos xm application but in SD it does not detect the xm direct unit on com1. The direct option is checked. I am using a modified serial cable, no usb. Any suggestions?

thanks

I have had that happen and I had to reset the power to my XM-direct unit...

basically I shutdown my carpc... unplugged the power to the XM unit.. waited 30 secs.. plugged it back in.. booted up my carpc.. and it has worked every time since then...

I think the XM-direct unit sometimes gets hung when it receives the initialization strings
    Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Whats strange is I can use the frodo app and it works every time. Shut down SD, run Fordo it works. Very strange.

Rick

Originally posted by strohj View Post
      I have had that happen and I had to reset the power to my XM-direct unit...

basically I shutdown my carpc... unplugged the power to the XM unit.. waited 30 secs.. plugged it back in.. booted up my carpc.. and it has worked every time since then...

I think the XM-direct unit sometimes gets hung when it receives the initialization strings

Comment

frodo's XM checks to see if the direct unit has been initialized already.. I dont think streetdeck does
        Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

you need to go into settings for XM and check the XM Direct Compatibility mode.
          -----
          2006 Audi A4 S-Line. 70% Complete.
          My Worklog

Comment

I am having the same problem. I will have XM working in Streetdeck. I will then close Streetdeck, open it back up (no restart, shutdown...just start it back up) and in just says "connecting" and will not connect. I am using a usb connection but that should only have trouble on restart.
            I went into the Sat Radio settings and hit the "clear channels" button and checked that I am in XM Direct compatibility mode, then shutdown and removed all power as suggested by strohj...no good. Still sometimes when I open Streetdeck it will not connect. Any other ideas?

Comment

Still no fix. It just plain does not work. Any help would be appreciated. I really want to use this FE.

Comment

Did you make sure your XM isnt getting recognized as a mouse? sometimes windows will see the xm direct on com1 and build a mouse device for it. Go into device manager and see if one is there, if so disable it. I had this problem at first.
                -----
                2006 Audi A4 S-Line. 70% Complete.
                My Worklog

Comment

Yeah, I have been using it with Frodo for over a year now without issue.

Originally posted by geekinsc View Post
                  Did you make sure your XM isnt getting recognized as a mouse? sometimes windows will see the xm direct on com1 and build a mouse device for it. Go into device manager and see if one is there, if so disable it. I had this problem at first.

Comment

I'm having this problem, has anyone found the solution? I've tried the suggestions above.
                    "The text that you have entered is too long (12638 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long."

Dam it!

"The text that you have entered is too long (10418 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long."

Comment

I was bench testing mine at the time and had the antenna on a metal table open to the sky. When I installed the XM in my car and put the antenna on the roof everything seems to work fine. I think I just didn't have enough surface area when I was bench testing. Is yours installed and on the roof of your car?

Comment

Yea, installed on the roof of my car, parked in an open lot with a great view of the sky. I had XM radio stand alone unit before and it worked fine where I used it.
                        "The text that you have entered is too long (12638 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long."

Dam it!

"The text that you have entered is too long (10418 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long."

Comment

Working...
                        X