Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD Lite Vs SD Full

Hello,

I'm about to the pull the trigger and buy this s/w but I have some questions:

1. W/ the SD light version, I understand that navi and voice is not included but does that mean I can then use my preferred GPS s/w which is iGuidance? I'm not too much fo a fan w/ MS mappoint.

2. What is the voice data files? are those the files so you can control ur pc via voice commands?

3. Sd Lite, does it come with development tools so I can create my own skin etc.

4. If SD is restriced to to use MS mappoint can i buy the s/w from a 3rd party and make it work later on?

Thanks.

1. No, because StreetDeck won't allow you to load an external app while driving.

2. additional voices that are used to announce directions and such within streetdeck.

3. I believe so.

4. If you mean the MapPoint software, then yes, I believe so.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

correct!
      Jan Bennett
      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
        1. No, because StreetDeck won't allow you to load an external app while driving.

2. additional voices that are used to announce directions and such within streetdeck.

3. I believe so.

4. If you mean the MapPoint software, then yes, I believe so.
        Thank you for the reply, but now is the voice data files worth an extra $80.00?

Comment

That also includes the navigation data, whether you would intend to use that functionality or not.
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

If you don't purchase the full version and you want to use Nav, you will also have to purchase Map Point...which is much more expensive than $80.
            Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

And if I buy MapPoint 2006 Media Only for about 40$.

Will it work with this?

Comment

StreetDeck will work with MapPoint 2006. There is only 1 version of MapPoint, but there are multiple licenses. Legally, unless you are a student and qualify for their educational version, the only legal version is the $199 version.
                Jan Bennett

Comment

Working...
                X