No announcement yet.

SpeechController in C#

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpeechController in C#

Did anybody tried the SpeechController in C#? Everytime I call "app.SpeechController.Speak("test")" I get the following exception.

System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: ByRef value type parameter cannot be null.
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.Validate ReturnArg(Object arg, Type paramType)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.Propagat eOutParameters(IMessage msg, Object[] outArgs, Object returnValue)
    at System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(Strin g memberName, BindingFlags flags, Object target, Int32[] aWrapperTypes, MessageData& msgData)
    at StreetDeck.ISpeechController.Speak(String TextToSpeak)
    at Project.Modules.MainMenu.ModuleSettings.btnCancel_ OnMouseClick(Int32 x, Int32 y) in ...

A first chance exception of type 'System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

I forgot something...

The return value for "app.SpeechController.IsVoiceCapable()" is "false". But what makes my client VoiceCapable?

Thank you,

The Speak command is demonstrated in Example 2 in the building digitalmods tutorial

I have just verified that it is working.

You might be missing a dependancy or your error could be coming from something else your doing, but programmatically, there is no setup that you have to do to use the Speak command and your are calling it correctly.

You can also call the Microsoft Speech SDK directly. Just download it from here: Developer (I am Chuck)
      Get StreetDeck at
      The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at for official support for Streetdeck.