iGuidance Plugin?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iGuidance Plugin?

hi, Im not sure if this is a popular request, but looking at the deficiencies of mappoint, i was wondering if any one wanted to create a plugin to integrate iguidance?

Thanks in advance.

I'll second that!

Comment

Any movement with this? I would definately like to use IGuidance than the MS software.

Comment

iguidance is better than ms software

Originally posted by rcnacura View Post
        Any movement with this? I would definately like to use IGuidance than the MS software.
        iguidance is much better than ms software

Comment

iguidance is the best GPS software I have used to date
          Testing Street Deck and Centrafuse on G4

Comment

I tried to do it, but its way beyond my programming skills. any one else?

Comment

Man i would love it if there we could get this
              mp3car infill g4

Comment

IG plug in?

Im currently using STREET DECK and IG and use the remote control in the G4 (alt tab button)to switch between apps
                an IG plug in would be ideal, I just don t know how to do it
                Is there any way to assign a gesture to the alt/tab button combination?
                or any other way to switch between SD and IG through the touch screen?

Also in IG if I go to full screen by hitting the "fullscreen button" on the IG interface I cant get back to windowed mode (I always have to plug in a keyboard and hit "f" to return to normal
                any way around that?
                Thanks
                Testing Street Deck and Centrafuse on G4

Comment

Ill add to the bandwagon.

Im not willing to buy Streetdeck until someone creates this plug-in. NOTHING against Mp3car or the programmers, I'm just hooked on iG3.

I want Streetdeck, but I chose CF for its capability of iG integration.

Anyone wanna write this code so I can make the switch after all?

Comment

yah man i started this hoping some one could help.... but it looks like no one with programing skills cares about SD. I got a couple pm from programmers telling me it would never get done because apparently every programer here hates the SD commuity..... im still keeping my hopes up thou....

Comment

You really shouldn't make assumptions like that... I'm a programmer, I love StreetDeck and I defenetely care about it, that's why I haven't tried adding IG into it because IG sucks ***. I tried using IG and I even tried contributing to it but bottom line is that it sucks, it doesn't have my street on it a street that's been around since, if not 1950's then the 1940's. So the assumption I am going to make is that any good/smart programmer is staying away from IG and letting the StreetDeck crew figure out whats next.
                      "Mess with the best, die like the rest."
                      Work Log --> Old Car (Totaled)
                      Work Log v2 --> New Car (Totaled)
                      Work Log v3 --> GMC Suburban K2500 (Engine died)
                      Work Log v4.5 --> 05 Toyota Tundra DC SR5

Comment

Originally posted by P3D4T0R View Post
                        You really shouldn't make assumptions like that... I'm a programmer, I love StreetDeck and I defenetely care about it, that's why I haven't tried adding IG into it because IG sucks ***. I tried using IG and I even tried contributing to it but bottom line is that it sucks, it doesn't have my street on it a street that's been around since, if not 1950's then the 1940's. So the assumption I am going to make is that any good/smart programmer is staying away from IG and letting the StreetDeck crew figure out whats next.
                        So the fact that your street is not on Iguidance is why it sucks? Can you offer any other compelling reasons?

I'm not trying to be a smarta** here, but I have been using IG for a few months, and if I could be convinced that MS is better, I may pay for it since it would be that much easier to just use that in SD. But I've heard many more votes for IG than I have for MS.

Please share...
                        My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Nola111 View Post
                          So the fact that your street is not on Iguidance is why it sucks? Can you offer any other compelling reasons?

I'm not trying to be a smarta** here, but I have been using IG for a few months, and if I could be convinced that MS is better, I may pay for it since it would be that much easier to just use that in SD. But I've heard many more votes for IG than I have for MS.

Please share...
                          Let me start off by saying that I don't believe MSS&T is good but it certainly is better than IG when it comes to StreetDeck, it just integrates very well into it and they StreetDeck team put a lot of work into making it that way. Now, to answer you first questions, yes I can come up with more reasons...

A buddy of mine (also a CarPC freak; we are talking about putting one into his moped) uses it all the time and I believe it is the main reason he is lost a lot as well as not being able to find the best/fastest way to his destination. It is also a terrible program to look at (like it was made in the 80's) as well as being really hard to use/navigate around (no pun intended). I may be a unique case but I lost the ability to use half of the program because I changed a setting that I could not get back too. There is some more but they are minor and I think Iv made my point.
                          "Mess with the best, die like the rest."
                          Work Log --> Old Car (Totaled)
                          Work Log v2 --> New Car (Totaled)
                          Work Log v3 --> GMC Suburban K2500 (Engine died)
                          Work Log v4.5 --> 05 Toyota Tundra DC SR5

Comment

http://rdr.to/a3

I have been using Iguidance V3 for quite some time. I travel a lot (~1000 to 1500 miles a week) and it rarely lets me down.
                            DigitalFX4.0 Skin by JohnWPB

Road Runner RR's Myspace

My Ride - Car Domain Page -JWLionKing's MySpace Page

Project 98% Complete -FREE DOMAIN & WEBSPACE / FILE HOST FOR DEVELOPERS - PM ME

Comment

I have to agree with jwlionking, i used Iguidance for several years till i got streetdeck. Even though its not much to look at i personally think the Iguidance routing engine is excellent, its right on par with the oem navigation in my other car. Maybe the bad experiences you had are limited to the maps of your area.

With that said i still love Streetdecks intergrated navigation and would never trade it for an iguidance plugin

Comment

Working...
                              X