Movie Theater Showtimes Digital Mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Theater Showtimes Digital Mod

Anyone have an interest? I just installed a mod on my SageTV media pc for this and thought it would be nice to have an interface like it in SD.

Goals:
    1. Module showing current movies and their show times of predefined zipcode. Later revisions may include searching by gps location.
    2. Automatic background dowloading of movie trailers of the associated showtime list. This is currently available in the SageTV mod so should be able to include the same.
    3. Navigate to theater location link
    Mitsubishi Eclipse 2006 GT
    Infill T3 running StreetDeck

This would make for a great mod for sure I would be interested.

Comment

Me too.

Comment

If I could just quit my day job! Even better... get paid to do this stuff for a living! I will see what I can do...got too many mod projects I would like to spend time on.

Comment

sharpmat007 I will contribute $4 to your early retirement fund as soon as your mod is completed and working 100%!

Comment

This would be a very cool digital mod indeed.
            Jan Bennett
            FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Sounds like a pretty easy task, given a good data source. I am not interested in movies, but I could give it a shot. Someone post some data sources that are easily accessible with the movie and location info.

Comment

Are you looking for sites that could be used to pull the data from? If so these are the more popular ones it seems

http://movies.yahoo.com

http://www.fandango.com

http://www.imdb.com/showtimes/location

Comment

Having it based on GPS would be great, don't always know the zip code when out of town.

Comment

Any XML sources for the information? I can use the HTML, but it would be less reliable in the future. How do you want this presented? I was thinking...

Show List of Movies Playing (Based on Location or ZipCode)
                    -Select Zipcode (If Necessary)
                    -Select Range Distance
                    -Select Movie
                    --Show List of Theaters and Times (Sorted by Distance)
                    --Show Movie Photo
                    ---Select Theater
                    ----Show Theater Address
                    ----Have Route To Option
                    ----Have Web Browser Option to Watch Trailers or Purchase Tickets

Will this do? Any other ideas based on available information?

Comment

Very nice, this would be an awesome mod if/when it's completed. I wish I could supply you an xml source but unfortunately I do not have access to one.

Comment

This should help http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/050223-155429

Comment

Originally posted by filatelico View Post
                          I think the ultimate informational digitalmod would be to make a mobile web to Streetdeck translator digitalmod so we can just use all the mobile services available from these service providers directly through Streetdeck. That would kill a bunch of birds with one stone. Think of it as a simple to navigate with a touch screen web interface. The information is there for the taking!

Comment

The advantage to having a mod is that there is now web navigation needed. Imagine trying to look up gas prices in the zipcode your in through a webpage while your driving 60mph on a highway. Similar to the movie mod...one button away from getting the info you need is the target of any 'user friendly' app.

I am glad to see you stepping up IandI...I have been short on time lately and haven't had a moment to even keep up with the threads lately.

Comment

Is anyone doing this?

I couldn't quite tell if anyone was working on this or not... If not I would love to collaborate with someone on this. I am currently working on a way to get all the showtimes given a zip.

Mark
                              Mark

See all my CarPC projects

Comment

Working...
                              X