Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS Timesync Addin

2007-12-21:
    A digimod that sets system time to GPS time. Useful if you like me have no internet connection and/or a bad battery on your motherboard.
    (It doesn't set time if there is no GPS fix, nor if date is prior to 20:th of december 2007 to avoid hazzle with gpssim.txt and bad gps data)

* Download 'GPS Timesync(1.1.1.0_01).sdz' and run it.

cool, and very practical. Should be built in to streetdeck!

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by parksgm View Post
      Should be built in to streetdeck!
      Many things should be...

Comment

I don't know if it is the version i am using (1.1.1.6) but it just lists the digimod as "stopped" after i installed it (rebooting too). I have a GPS fix but can't seem to START this digimod. Any words of wisdom?

Comment

Since the digimod does not have a module (you cant configure anything) the module will always be listed as stopped. HOWEVER, it is still syncing time like a charm. Try changing you computer time off by a couple of minits and then start SD.

It works.. Maybe i should add a configuration module where one could setup synch intervall..? Then the digimod would be listed as started..

/A

Comment

Thanks, that is great to know. It works and I don't even have to do anything. Couldn't get any better

Comment

Anyone else having Daylight Savings Time problems? Gps syncs just fine, but keeps kicking back an hour. I've check and unchecked the "automatically adjust for DST" box with the same results and have to keep manually adjusting the clock by an hour. I'm driving exclusively in EST.

Comment

There are different way to do it, but this is simple.
                http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914387/
                Just copy the big chunk like they say to a .reg file, run it and then select your timezone again. It changes the DST week of month stuff.

Comment

GPS synch is done in UTC so any pboblems with DST myst be in OS Config..

I hope the post above helped you... If not, let me know..

Comment

Working...
                  X