Auto Night Mode / Gamma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Night Mode / Gamma

Here is the digital mod for automatic night mode/day mode - complete with a control panel for setting the time of each.
    YOU MUST HAVE .NET 2.0 FRAMEWORK ON YOUR PC (Windows update does this automatically).

When you set the time, it checks every minute and toggles night mode as appropriate. If you install this and set the time, if you try to change to day mode at night, it will allow you to do so until the timer hits (<1min), then it will change it back.

Changing the time in the digimod will immediately (<1 min) change the times it works off of, but if you want it to save those times on reboot, click on the save settings button.

http://www.stylingfx.com/streetdeck/gamma.zip

Source:
    http://www.stylingfx.com/streetdeck/gammasource.zip

Consider it GPLed - all I ask is that if you modify it (and it's cool), that you share it with the rest of us
    View my current SD Projects:

Looks great...thanks for the work! Will try it out as soon as I get home and can download it.

This really should be built into Streetdeck.

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

thank you very much, please give me an information, do you have tested in infill g4?

Comment

No, but this should be hardware independent... ANY pc running Streetdeck 1.1.1.0 and .NET 2.0 framework will work.

Comment

Does anyone use this? I'm sure the OP would like a bit of feedback for his work...

Thanks for a great (and much needed) mod (that should be a "stock" function of SD)!

Comment

Ok, I have a request:
            • Is there any way to use the GPS lat/long coordinates and the date to figure out and incorporate sunrise/sunset times into this digital mod? I think it would be fantastic if the mod would essentially auto-update the toggle time...

Comment

Interesting... That might require a constant connection to the internet, but if you know of a service that based on the zipcode knows what sunrise and sunset is (I am sure there is one of these somewhere - weather channel maybe?), then it could be done.

Comment

Actually, scratch that - it wouldn't need a constant connection to the internet...maybe just a button to update it? Either way, I need a web service to read from - maybe weather.com has this info? Anyone have the service url?

Comment

Originally posted by 06TC_OWNER View Post
                  Actually, scratch that - it wouldn't need a constant connection to the internet...maybe just a button to update it? Either way, I need a web service to read from - maybe weather.com has this info? Anyone have the service url?
                  I think it could just be integrated into the digital mod as static data. AFAIK, sunrise and sunset times are determined by longitude, and so remain the same for each day each year. So, the sunrise time for January 29th, 2008 would be the same as January 29th, 2009 at a given longitude. The sunrise time for January 30th would be a bit earlier, but would also be consistent from year to year.

Here is a link that allows one to compute a sunrise/sunset table for a given location for an entire year.

And here is a page that has a java script that does the same thing. I was able to select "View source" in my browser, and was able to see the actual script itself...I can't imagine the calculations are too complex, and I don't think they depend on any dynamic information.

Inputting the zipcode would work, but I believe one could just use the current long/lat info from the GPS (if it is accessible to the digimod). Then, the info could be recalculated dynamically and would update correctly no matter where the car was driven, and would not require the user to know the zipcode in unfamiliar locations.

Hope that helps...

Comment

Wow, that would be really cool!
                    And would make the mod really special and also particularly useable.
                    Because I think I wouldn't change this values two times a month, and so it wouldn't work for me long.

And it looks not that difficult to do, but I think you also have to consider the timezone.
                    The user have to input the timezone and you calculate the sunrise/set based on Greenwitch time and then convert it to local time.

Hope this inspires you !!
                    And we have an other feature, which can't be bought in a shop :-)

Roland

Comment

Originally posted by rxh81 View Post
                      And it looks not that difficult to do, but I think you also have to consider the timezone.The user have to input the timezone and you calculate the sunrise/set based on Greenwitch time and then convert it to local time.
                      Yep...or the time zone could be determined from the lat/longitude. There's bound to be a table that could provide that info as well...after all, timezones are pretty static!

EDIT

Actually, the time zone and daylight savings time should be set in Windows system clock, so it theoretically should already be available...

Comment

Awesome work!

BTW, 06_TCOWNER, I have code to automatically calculate sunrise/sunset times. I can share that with you, or, if you want, can update your DigiMod.

Mark
                        Mark

See all my CarPC projects

Comment

that would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by marchello2000 View Post
                            Awesome work!

BTW, 06_TCOWNER, I have code to automatically calculate sunrise/sunset times. I can share that with you, or, if you want, can update your DigiMod.

Mark
                            An already great mod will be fantastic! Thanks, Mark.

Comment

Ok, did not realize this was actually an Addin so I can't modify it (which is good, cuz I would rather 06TC_OWNER do that ) I sent him my source code hopefully he can incorporate it in.

Mark
                              Mark

See all my CarPC projects

Comment

Working...
                              X