Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DigitalMod Wishlist...What would YOU build...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DigitalMod Wishlist...What would YOU build...

Well, now that there are some examples on how to build digitalMods, I know that I've been going crazy trying to think of different things that can be added.

So I figured it would be a good time to see what types of modules people would be interested in building. I'm not a developer, but I know enough to be dangerous. More examples is what I'm after...

So here are some of the modules I would like to see...
    1. Weather
    2. Vehical Maintenance Tracker/Gas fillup tracker
    3. QWERTY keyboard
    4. Zagat Restuarant Reviews
    5. Movie listings based on Zip code/Lat/Long
    6. Touch Screen ready web browser
    7. Yellow pages look up
    8. google search
    9. local traffic
    10. Email Client
    11. quick scrolling through artists via slider or some other method...
    My old Worklog

vehicle maintenance.
    I'll put in my maintenance schedule from my vehicle manual and info every time I fill up, then it can basically tell me whenever I need to do anything.
    Then I can remove those stupid reminder stickers.

Comment

Id like a quick connect to internet via whatever DUN device you have in streetdeck so you dont need to go into windows for anything

Comment

The qwerty keyboard and the touchscreen web browser are the only things that would be difficult to do using the current SDK.

Anything dealing with music management like a slider is not currently possible since the media player is not yet exposed in the SDK, but will be in the future.

Everything else mentioned should be possible in some way with the current SDK. If you need help making any of these, just post a specific thread about exactly what you are trying to implement and how you want it to work.
        StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
        Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
        The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

I'm looking at putting together a drag racing mod... Have it control some of the stuff connected to relays (electric cutout, boost controller, water injection), as well as recording the OBD2 info from the run and, hopefully, being able to record the appropriate times...

Comment

Originally posted by god_of_cpu
            The qwerty keyboard and the touchscreen web browser are the only things that would be difficult to do using the current SDK.

Anything dealing with music management like a slider is not currently possible since the media player is not yet exposed in the SDK, but will be in the future.

Everything else mentioned should be possible in some way with the current SDK. If you need help making any of these, just post a specific thread about exactly what you are trying to implement and how you want it to work.
            Great!
            My old Worklog

Comment

I'd love something that would display the lyrics of an mp3 (assuming you have the lyrics embeded in the ID3 tag). That way, when my dumbass friends start singing the wrong lyrics (ala www.kissthisguy.com), I could tell them to shut up and look at the screen!

Comment

Nice...in-car Karaoke. I was also thinking of somthing that would let you assign a rating to your music...or even build playlists on the fly.
                My old Worklog

Comment

What about something like a 'cop' button? I'm not 100% sure about the legalities of a CarPC in my province, but I know for sure that navigation systems are OK. So, in certain situations, it'd be cool to just hit a button (or perform a gesture) that would kill the music and disable everything except navigation. Better safe than sorry!

Comment

Thinking along the same lines as the previous post, how about some integration with the Valentine One Radar Detector (with the Software One software/hardware combo), like this......

I would think the simplest way to use this softaware is via the external application route. But it would be really slick if it were integrated internal to the SD software. This would really go well with my stealth V1 install.

Comment

If i ever get a bmw (specifically m3), i would want to build a digitalmod for the ibus, and i also like the idea of more tightly integrating the V1 application to even go so far as to log when it is set off and based on the type of radar it detects, log it as a POI for possible speedtrap locations.
                      replicant
                      Audi A4 (flickr pics)

Comment

Originally posted by jmciver View Post
                        Thinking along the same lines as the previous post, how about some integration with the Valentine One Radar Detector (with the Software One software/hardware combo), like this......

I would think the simplest way to use this softaware is via the external application route. But it would be really slick if it were integrated internal to the SD software. This would really go well with my stealth V1 install.
                        This is a good idea.... I may have to save my pennies, but I haven't found the sdk for the Valentine One. Has anyone else?
                        View my current SD Projects:

Comment

Originally posted by 06TC_OWNER View Post
                          This is a good idea.... I may have to save my pennies, but I haven't found the sdk for the Valentine One. Has anyone else?
                          I don't know about the SDK, but the components to integreate the V1 with the computer were not that expensive ($50 or so if I remember correctly). I have them, and already bench tested the system with my CarPC setup. Works great.

Comment

Originally posted by bash1979 View Post
                            I'd love something that would display the lyrics of an mp3 (assuming you have the lyrics embeded in the ID3 tag). That way, when my dumbass friends start singing the wrong lyrics (ala www.kissthisguy.com), I could tell them to shut up and look at the screen!
                            How about a karaoke plugin support.
                            http://incarCPU.com

Comment

Originally posted by 06TC_OWNER View Post
                              Even beter:

Police scanner with preset frequencies for a specific location(city, division) via GPS.
                              http://incarCPU.com

Comment

Working...
                              X