Using Digital Mods while driving (IsSafe) question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Digital Mods while driving (IsSafe) question

I have had the bad luck that all my attempts to develop scripts ended up in with the module can't be used while in movement message.

Does anyone have a list or can provide tips on what functions to avoid when developing scripts in order to make them available when in movement?

Thanks!

To allow your module to be used while driving, you have to overload the Module_IsSafe function and return true. By default all modules are considered unsafe unless the author explicitly declares it to be safe by overloading the IsSafe event

i.e.

Code:
    Function Module_IsSafe()
         Module_IsSafe = True
    End Function
    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

I am curious, what type of scripts/mods have you been working on Aquaman?

Comment

I have tried using the module_isSafe() but it makes no difference when driving. i still cannot access the module while driving. all i have done so far is

Function module_isSafe()
        module_isSafe = True
        End Function

include this function in the script. Am i using it wrong?

Comment

There's a very Good chance that the function is CaSe SpeCiFiC. Ie, Make sure it's ExAcTlY how it is SpElLed in the PoSt

Comment

I checked. here is the code that i have in my mod

Function Module_IsSafe()
            Module_IsSafe = True
            End Function

one thing i noticed is that when am already my mod module and i start driving, i still get access to the module. But once I change module and try to get back to the mod module, am denied access.

is that how the function should work?

Comment

What does it mean to Overload?

Originally posted by god_of_cpu View Post
              To allow your module to be used while driving, you have to overload the Module_IsSafe function and return true. By default all modules are considered unsafe unless the author explicitly declares it to be safe by overloading the IsSafe event

i.e.

Code:
              Function Module_IsSafe()
                   Module_IsSafe = True
              End Function

Where do I add this code in the script? Does it matter?

Thanks for any help -

Comment

It shouldn't really matter as long as it is under the script for the module. If you drop down the left side box on the script editor, select "module," then on the right side select "IsSafe" it should create a stub for you where you can put the assignment statement in...

Ryan

Comment

Thanks Ryan, I will try that

Jamie

Comment

Working...
                  X