my mac w/ bluetooth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my mac w/ bluetooth

so since im running parallels, im running XP. My mac already comes with bluetooth capability. I use it to connect to the internet on the road. so if i used streetdeck and wanted to use the cellphone feature, i would have to buy a bluetooth dongle? Seems a little weird.
    My RSX Carputer finished!

Yes, you would need to buy the Bluetooth dongle sold here on the store. Chuck can give more details about why this is.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

bluetooth dongle

why do we have to by the one you guy sell. what about others? I just my phone to work even outside of streetdeck. I want to talk through the sound system. e.t.a for this option and hardware?
      https://www.facebook.com/hinnantdesign1

Comment

Originally posted by customaudioman View Post
        why do we have to by the one you guy sell. what about others? I just my phone to work even outside of streetdeck. I want to talk through the sound system. e.t.a for this option and hardware?
        Because the SD developers want to ensure a good quality audio connection by using hardware that they've tested and know works. I think it probably makes quite a bit of sense from their standpoint...bluetooth is something that is pretty finicky, and it would be difficult to troubleshoot all the possible driver + hardware + BT phone combinations that people would try to use...

Now, as far as an ETA on the hardware...there's not one that I know of...and there's been no news for a while concerning any development. So, who knows?

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

Originally posted by parksgm View Post
          Because the SD developers want to ensure a good quality audio connection by using hardware that they've tested and know works. I think it probably makes quite a bit of sense from their standpoint...bluetooth is something that is pretty finicky, and it would be difficult to troubleshoot all the possible driver + hardware + BT phone combinations that people would try to use...

Now, as far as an ETA on the hardware...there's not one that I know of...and there's been no news for a while concerning any development. So, who knows?
          thanks, I guess I can wait a little longer
          https://www.facebook.com/hinnantdesign1

Comment

development on bluetooth is ongoing as well as testing on it...
            Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Working...
            X