This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constant crash using sd/mappoint navigation on new t3

What version of StreetDeck is this bug report for?

Please give a basic description of the issue here.

Constant crash using sd/mappoint navigation on new t3

Is the systemt that is listed in your CarPC specs under your user name the same system where you encountered this bug?

no

If no, please describe your system here.

winxp sp2 . Infill t3. SD Lite with own Mappoint 06

Please provide any relevent information regarding the issue you have encountered.

Everytime I use the navigation on SD it works fine for a few minutes and then it freezes and eventually crashes SD. Are there any known issues that may cause these consistent crashes with mappoint 2006/sd/winxpsp2 on a t3?

any takers?

Comment

Patience isn't your long suit, is it?
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

How long ago did you purchase the T3 and from where?
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
          Patience isn't your long suit, is it?
          I thought my post was being moderated and that someone needed to "unscreen it" so that everyone could see it.

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
          How long ago did you purchase the T3 and from where?
          I bought SD Lite last week from the mp3car store.
          I got the t3 from the mp3car auctions at ebay ~3 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by rburhum View Post
            I got the t3 from the mp3car auctions at ebay ~3 weeks ago.
            The ebay item descriptions make it very clear that that is unsupported hardware. I don't know how much support StreetDeck will provide you now that the T3 has reached it's end of life.

Comment

that's why I was asking.
              Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I thought my post was being moderated and that someone needed to "unscreen it" so that everyone could see it.
                If it wasn't being seen, then you wouldn't be able to see the post, either.
                Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Zip-Lock View Post
                  The ebay item descriptions make it very clear that that is unsupported hardware. I don't know how much support StreetDeck will provide you now that the T3 has reached it's end of life.
                  Well, I just bought Streetdeck, so I should be getting *streetdeck* support. The T3 works perfectly fine, it is Streetdeck that keeps crashing on navigation mode.

Comment

Well, I just bought Streetdeck, so I should be getting *streetdeck* support. The T3 works perfectly fine, it is Streetdeck that keeps crashing on navigation mode.
                    I believe there used to be another flavor of StreetDeck for the T3 that was only bundled with the T3, it was never available by itself. Perhaps someone from StreetDeck can elaborate...

Comment

Originally posted by Zip-Lock View Post
                      I believe there used to be another flavor of StreetDeck for the T3 that was only bundled with the T3, it was never available by itself. Perhaps someone from StreetDeck can elaborate...
                      The streetdeck standard installation comes with an option for the T3. I used that one.

Nevertheless, I gave up on mappoint's directions and not just because it keeps crashing SD (although I have to admitt that is the big reason I am not using it anymore); the two minutes that it does work are enough to realize that the MapPoint SDK wasn't designed for in car computing. The routing algorithm doesn't take in consideration the direction that you are driving and re-calc time is so slow, that by the time it finishes, it is already invalid in some common cases. It seems the MS guys haven't modified Dijkstra's algorithm enough to make it usable for this kind of environment. If I were SD, I would either:

- Hope that the MS guys get their stuff together for Mappoint 2008 and live with the crappiness of their routing results for a few more years (kind of dangerous to do this from a business perspective - but may be considered cost effective for some).

- Start looking for a new SDK (maybe contact iGuidance and see if they can make a deal).

Something tells me they are going with the 1st option.

Anyway,

Comment

If I were SD, I would either:

- Hope that the MS guys get their stuff together for Mappoint 2008 and live with the crappiness of their routing results for a few more years (kind of dangerous to do this from a business perspective - but may be considered cost effective for some).

- Start looking for a new SDK (maybe contact iGuidance and see if they can make a deal).

Something tells me they are going with the 1st option.
                        This very topic has already been discussed in great detail on this forum.

We are working on a new SDK for navigation.
                        Jan Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
                          This very topic has already been discussed in great detail on this forum.

We are working on a new SDK for navigation.
                          Then my guess was erroneous; it is #2

Comment

please retest on 1.0.9.8 and report back with your findings.
                            Jan Bennett

Comment

please retest on 1.0.9.8 and report back with your findings.
                              Jan Bennett

Comment

Working...
                              X