Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No sound from XM

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • No sound from XM

    What version of StreetDeck is this bug report for?

    1.0.8.1


    Please give a basic description of the issue here.

    No sound from XM


    Is the system that is listed in your CarPC specs under your user name the same system where you encountered this bug?

    yes


    If no, please describe your system here.




    Please provide any relevent information regarding the issue you have encountered.

    Prior to upgrading, XM audio came out loud and clear. Afterwards however, different story. The spectrum analyzer bars are bouncing away happily, on the selected XM channel, however no sound. Interestingly enough, the bars continue to move even after I remove the input from the XM receiver???? Anyways now with every "cold boot", audio from all sources: Music and I could only assume if I could hear XM, sound like they are at 50% speed, in other words and sound coming out is in a slow and very slurred manner. The "fix" I found was to close and reopen Streetdeck and the sound then is OK and normal, Why???? I mean to get rid of this, I have to restart SD, each time I get into the truck. The audio level settings follow Windows Mixer settings, yet still no sound from XM! This is very irritating and I've posted this in the general SD forum area... hoping to get someone from the Streetdeck team to help me.... Please....

  • #2
    Are you using the Mp3car direct XM adapter? if so please call customer support for a walk through of the XM settings in SD.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by StreetDeckAce View Post
      Are you using the Mp3car direct XM adapter? if so please call customer support for a walk through of the XM settings in SD.
      StreetDeckAce:
      I believe so, its probably around at least a year old and has the words.. TimeTrax on it..

      Comment


      • #4
        If it's at least a year old and has TimeTrax written on it, you are not using the MP3Car direct Xm adapter.
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

        Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
          If it's at least a year old and has TimeTrax written on it, you are not using the MP3Car direct Xm adapter.
          RedGTiVR6:
          What's the difference other than the obvious sticker badging and probably the housing..... Does the TimeTrax box have issues with 1.0.8.1 that the MP3Car direct XM adapter does not????? I still haven't tried to see if I'm actually getting a analog signal that should be present on the RCA outputs of the XM receiver, however I've tried to record, using XPs recorder, from my line in jacks... this is where the XM is plugged into, by unplugging the RCA cable from XM and "scratching" them together and to frame ground. The results, yet not completely accurate.... have shown the clicks and spikes, generated whenever the jacks were shorted and/or frame ground connected.... I'm going to try this with a accurate audio source to verify that the line in jacks are good and working.... I also plan to take the RCA outs from XM and plug them into a amplifier input and see if I'm getting any output from the XM receiver.... which I'm starting to suspect is either bad and/or Streetdeck is telling it not to output or muting it all together... I hope to have some kind of answer over the weekend.....

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by fiveslo View Post
            RedGTiVR6:
            What's the difference other than the obvious sticker badging and probably the housing..... Does the TimeTrax box have issues with 1.0.8.1 that the MP3Car direct XM adapter does not????? I still haven't tried to see if I'm actually getting a analog signal that should be present on the RCA outputs of the XM receiver, however I've tried to record, using XPs recorder, from my line in jacks... this is where the XM is plugged into, by unplugging the RCA cable from XM and "scratching" them together and to frame ground. The results, yet not completely accurate.... have shown the clicks and spikes, generated whenever the jacks were shorted and/or frame ground connected.... I'm going to try this with a accurate audio source to verify that the line in jacks are good and working.... I also plan to take the RCA outs from XM and plug them into a amplifier input and see if I'm getting any output from the XM receiver.... which I'm starting to suspect is either bad and/or Streetdeck is telling it not to output or muting it all together... I hope to have some kind of answer over the weekend.....
            The line in test proved successful... in fact what I did was, I windowed SD, with my XM playing, and then opened up XPs recorder, hit record.. and as expected the scope of WinXPs recorder showed the wave being recorded... I then played it back and it sounded OK... just for the heck of it I plugged the RCA outputs into a external boom box with RCA inputs, and each time I changed via SD the XM channel I could hear the audio playing great... Now SD is acting weird in another way.... when I cycle thru the XM channels quickly... the blip sound from selecting different channels all of a sudden disappears, and then won't come back until I restart SD.... I now have to go search for my original SD install CD/DVD, the heck with 1.0.8.1... I'm having way too many problems with this to have anything good to say....

            Comment


            • #7
              please retest on 1.0.9.8 and report back with your findings.
              Jan Bennett
              FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

              Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

              Comment


              • #8
                Please retest on 1.0.9.8 and report back with your findings.
                Jan Bennett
                FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

                Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

                Comment

                Working...
                X