SD freeze when using browse in navigation module - 1.0.9.8 - 1.1.0.9a

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD freeze when using browse in navigation module - 1.0.9.8 - 1.1.0.9a

What version of StreetDeck is this bug report for?

1.0.9.8 - 1.1.0.9a

Please give a basic description of the issue here.

SD freeze when using browse in navigation module

Is the system that is listed in your CarPC specs under your user name the same system where you encountered this bug?

Yes
    If no, please describe your system here.
    Are you able to reproduce this bug at will?

Yes
    Please list the steps required to recreate the issue you are reporting.
    select the navigation module. click on browse. click on any of the arrows. this freezes up sd and eventually would lead to sd closing. I had the music module playing as well when i was doing this
    Please provide any relevent information regarding the issue you have encountered.

bumping to the top after updating all other threads.
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

This has happened to me several times as well. Not every time, but a lot of the time.
      - Mike

Comment

the developers need logs. please post your logs so that they can help determine where the problem lies.
        Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

bembowe and thepunkerguy - please post your logs. Without them this thread will have to be closed.
          Jan Bennett

Comment

Adam/Chuck - updates?
            Jan Bennett

Comment

I have had this issue in the past. The development team is working on how to exactly reproduce this issue. Please post your logs and describe exactly what you were doing before SD crashes to help us troubleshoot this issue.

Comment

due to a lack of follow-up from the OPs and no logs, we cannot continue supporting this bug.

If either of you have a log to post, you can reopen this thread and post them. Untill then, we have to consider this a non-issue.
                Jan Bennett

Comment

SD freeze when using browse in navigation module - 1.1.0.0

Is the system that is listed in your CarPC specs under your user name the same system where you encountered this bug?

Yes

Yes

select the navigation module. click on browse. click on any of the arrows. this freezes up sd and eventually would lead to sd closing. I had the music module playing as well when i was doing this

Please provide any relevent information regarding the issue you have encountered.

I am reopening this as i do have a log file of the issue. My zipcode is 64117. not sure if it will be relevant but my gps was in this zipcode when it happened. if you need any more info, please let me know

thanks
                  Attached Files

Comment

rather than create a new bug report, please just open the existing one in the future. I've merged these two threads. This helps keep all the information in one place.

Just to add, I have used the browse feature on my laptop and in the car without issues.
                    Jan Bennett

Comment

1.0.9.8-1.1.0.0

Yes

Yes

SD has only NOT frozen one time while using this feature

Attached Files

Comment

I have used this feature extensively now. On our 6 hour drive to Orange, TX I used it a great deal and never once had it crash on me.
                        Jan Bennett

Comment

This feature almost always freezes SD the first time I click a direction. A couple times I have moved two or three times before it froze.

Comment

Same here

I have yet to see this feature work for more than two browse clicks. As soon as I press one of the arrow keys in borwse mode it freezes, I will collect a log as well.

Please increase the priority on this as 3 of 4 does not sound right
                            Mark

See all my CarPC projects

Comment

i am having the same issue. It freezes each time i click one of the arrows in the browse menu.

Comment

Working...
                              X