This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StreetDeck gives an error on startup - 1.0.9.8

What version of StreetDeck is this bug report for?

Please give a basic description of the issue here.

StreetDeck gives an error on startup

Is the system that is listed in your CarPC specs under your user name the same system where you encountered this bug?

Yes
    If no, please describe your system here.
    G4, but not from MP3Car, running _Russian_ Windows XP SP2.
    Are you able to reproduce this bug at will?

Yes
    Please list the steps required to recreate the issue you are reporting.
    Just click on StreetDeck icon any time.
    Please provide any relevent information regarding the issue you have encountered.

StreetDeck demo version installed ok, but when I try running it, after showing the splash screen and writing "Waiting for devices to reinitialize", it displays "StreetDeck Error Report" - "StreetDeck encountered a problem etc." Pressing OK below the error form has no effect - I have to close it by clicking the small x at the upper right corner. Nothing resembling a log in the streetdeck directory, no events in the windows event log.

The logs are located in the My Documents\Streetdeck\Log. Zip this file and post it here. This will help us determine the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by StreetDeckAce View Post
      The logs are located in the My Documents\Streetdeck\Log. Zip this file and post it here. This will help us determine the problem.
      Please find attached. The log is too small to justify zipping.
      Attached Files

Comment

There are a list of files that you need to make SD run correctly on the G4. Did you purchase SD from Mp3car?

Comment

Did you purchase SD from Mp3car?
          No, I downloaded the trial version from www.streetdeck.com to try it out before making a decision on buying.
          There are a list of files that you need to make SD run correctly on the G4.
          So where do I get those files?
          I checked "G4" option when installing StreetDeck trial, is this not enough?

Comment

Streetdeck will not be supported on the G4 without these files. You may test on another PC to decide to purchase Streetdeck. After the purchase we will provide the files needed to run on a G4. We have put a lot of work into integrating SD and the G4 please help us support more future work. thank you

Comment

Streetdeck will not be supported on the G4 without these files.
              WHAT files?
              You may test on another PC to decide to purchase Streetdeck.
              But it crashes on another PC in the same way...
              After the purchase we will provide the files needed to run on a G4.
              Sorry, but I only pay for professional grade software. I wouldn't call a piece of software that crashes instead of giving a "file not found" message professional...

PS What you are saying seems to contradict what god_of_cpu was saying in this thread:
              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/stre...dio-tuner.html

Who of you two should I listen to? Why should I have wasted a couple of hours of my life if the SD trial is not supported on G4? Why would SD trial installer offer "G4" option if it doesn't support it?

Comment

Originally posted by Marassa View Post
                Please find attached. The log is too small to justify zipping.
                StreetDeck does not support unicode characters and is crashing because your application data path contains them. Change your application data path and copy to the contents of the current folder to another one that does not contain unicode characters using the StreetDeck media paths tool and it should work.
                StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
                Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
                The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

I have sent this log to our engineers for further processing. I believe this issue is caused by the version of windows you are running. There are many scenarios that could we as a company can not replicate or prepare for. Trying to predict all these scenarios would not be cost effective or a profitable business model. We will do our best to support our customers and help them implement Streetdeck into a wide range of applications. As far as the professionalism of the SD team, a system requirements list has been posted stating what OS and hardware is required to run SD.

Comment

Originally posted by god_of_cpu View Post
                    StreetDeck does not support unicode characters and is crashing because your application data path contains them. Change your application data path and copy to the contents of the current folder to another one that does not contain unicode characters using the StreetDeck media paths tool and it should work.
                    Thanks a lot, Chuck - glad to see that the service level is back to professional

Just tried that and SD started ok on my home PC - will try on G4 tomorrow morning.

Comment

There are many scenarios that could we as a company can not replicate or prepare for. Trying to predict all these scenarios would not be cost effective or a profitable business model.
                      I understand this perfectly, Adam - please don't take my "non-professional" comments too seriously. I was just sort of shocked by the revelation that G4 is not supported until I pay you money
                      As far as the professionalism of the SD team, a system requirements list has been posted stating what OS and hardware is required to run SD.
                      I know. Please show me where this list says that I need the American version of Windows XP SP2?

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/stre...oad-links.html

This is a list of software requirements needed to run StreetDeck.

This is a stickey in the StreetDeck FAQ sub-forum, you may find other information in the FAQ sub-forum that might be helpful as well.

While there is not a specification that the English version of Windows is necessary, the StreetDeck team has not (and will not) be able to test StreetDeck on every language version of Windows made. As Chuck mentioned, the Unicode characters are not currently supported in StreetDeck.

Marassa - can you please report back with your results on the G4? Has this issue been resolved once you changed the Unicode characters in the file path?
                        Jan Bennett
                        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by RedGTiVR6 View Post
                          http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/stre...oad-links.html

This is a list of software requirements needed to run StreetDeck.

This is a stickey in the StreetDeck FAQ sub-forum, you may find other information in the FAQ sub-forum that might be helpful as well.
                          Jan, I read it before I downloaded StreetDeck.
                          While there is not a specification that the English version of Windows is necessary...
                          That's exactly my point.
                          ...the StreetDeck team has not (and will not) be able to test StreetDeck on every language version of Windows made.
                          Well, those software developers who follow very simple internationalization guidelines, don't really have to test their software on national Windows versions - it just works. That's what the standards (like TrueType fonts to name one) are for.
                          As Chuck mentioned, the Unicode characters are not currently supported in StreetDeck.
                          I wish I had known that before bothering to download StreetDeck - it would have saved me some time...
                          Marassa - can you please report back with your results on the G4? Has this issue been resolved once you changed the Unicode characters in the file path?
                          Yes, after I changed the file paths (by the way the old paths were default paths for Russian Windows installation), StreetDeck starts ok, and everything seems to work except the radio (discussed in another thread). Ironically, the alleged G4 radio support was the reason I started looking at StreetDeck in the first place

Comment

Issue resolved, thread closed.
                            Jan Bennett
                            FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Working...
                            X