No announcement yet.

won't start - 10.9.8

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• won't start - 10.9.8

What version of StreetDeck is this bug report for?

Please give a basic description of the issue here.

won't start

Is the system that is listed in your CarPC specs under your user name the same system where you encountered this bug?

If no, please describe your system here.

Are you able to reproduce this bug at will?

Please list the steps required to recreate the issue you are reporting.

i had an older trial version of streetdesk installed which i never really used, so i don't even know which version it was. the trial had expired. i ran fine, although i didn't really test is too much.

i just purchased, downloaded and installed the latest version. when i try to run it, it gets as far as "applying settings", then it crashes and brings up the streetdesk error report window. the ok button in this window doesn't work.

i tried uninstalling and removing every reference to streetdesk in the file system and in the registry, then rebooting and reinstalling. no luck.

Please provide any relevent information regarding the issue you have encountered.

Can you please post a log. This is located in the streetdeck my documents folder. Thank you

Check your video card drivers are up to date, i just had that cause this on my system.
      1990 Jeep Cherokee
      2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
      2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

webdog, i tried updating, but no luck. thanks anyway!

streetdeckace, log attached...

Attached Files

Thank you. I am working on how to replicate the issue. If you have any other findings please let me know.

run with -AllowMediaDuplicates
   Developer (I am Chuck)
            Get StreetDeck at
            The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at for official support for Streetdeck.

that worked! what exactly does this setting mean?

Originally posted by manishie View Post
                what exactly does this setting mean?
                StreetDeck manual, page 4:
                AllowMediaDuplicates - Disables checking for duplicate items when indexing music

If you have more than one copy of a song.

thread closed!

Thanks for the responses Adam!
                    Jan Bennett
                    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!