No announcement yet.

DVD Error - 1.1.0.0 - 1.1.0.9 - (Vista)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Error - 1.1.0.0 - 1.1.0.9 - (Vista)

What version of StreetDeck is this bug report for?

1.1.0.0 - 1.1.0.9 - (Vista)

Please give a basic description of the issue here.

DVD Error

Is the system that is listed in your CarPC specs under your user name the same system where you encountered this bug?

No
    If no, please describe your system here.
    Vista Ultimate, AOPEN MP945-VDR, 2GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 Gig Ram, 160 Gig HDD, CarNetix CNX-P1900 V2.2, Xenarc 700IDT, Onboard Sound
    Are you able to reproduce this bug at will?

Yes
    Please list the steps required to recreate the issue you are reporting.
    I start Streetdeck, then click on the DVD button and I get the error in the log file as follows:
    WARNING: .\DVDManager.cpp:635 HRCALL Failed!
    0x80004005 = hr = InitDVD_Help(lpszDVDPath)
    INFO: Message Box:
    DVD Error
    There was an error while trying to initialize the DVD Video disc. Please see the log for details.
    Please provide any relevent information regarding the issue you have encountered.

The DVD plays fine in Media Player 11 and PowerDVD 6 and I loaded the Fraunhoffer DVD Codec.

I searched and found someone with a similar error but he vanished and the issue was closed. I also found were people had different skins that messed with the DVD module, but I have the default skin. This may not be a bug but I don't know what else to do since the DVD plays in the two other programs. Thanx in advance for your help.

Am I the only one who can't play DVD's?

Comment

me too...seems sd doesnt like vista that much

Comment

Do you have an XP machine that you can test this on by chance that already has SD installed on it?

This issue has not been reported by any other users so far.
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I dowloaded and installed the 1.0.9.8 trial and the DVD codec to one of my XP machines here at the office and I get the same error and log. The DVD plays in Media Player 11 and Power DVD 6 here as well. Let me know what else to try. Thanx

Comment

Please try 1.1.0.0. Even though this issue is not directly addressed by this release, we will need to know if functionality has changed.
            Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I tried 1.1.0.0 and I still get the same DVD error on the XP machine, I will try it on Vista once I get to the house

Comment

me too..doesnt work..

edit: using vista by the way

Comment

Update........still doesn't work, I know you guys are busy though thanx for your help.

Comment

Playing DVDs doesn't work for me either. I am running XP, with Media player 11 and the Frauhoffer codec installed and get the same error on every machine I try (carpc and Dell laptop so far).

DVD playing has NEVER worked well for me...and the same error that appeared in 1.0.8.1 is still here! Help guys!

An amateur built the Ark. The Titanic was built by professionals.

Comment

I get the same DVD error on Vista, but XP works fine.
                      My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

Comment

Update....still doesn't work

Comment

same error here on vista. plz advise...

Comment

Jan, just in case Chuck is not aware, I just want to make sure that he knows that DVD's do not play in SD in Vista. In another post I saw recently, he said that if the correct codecs are installed, it should play fine. What I explained earlier, and also as a reply to that post, is that DVD's play fine in WMP in Vista. The correct codecs are installed in all our situations, but DVD's still won't play in Streetdeck in Vista. I just want to make sure he is 100% aware of that, b/c the last time he commented on it, he seemed to believe that there is no problem.
                            My Grandma & Her Friends on Their Spring Vacation

Comment

I'll email him a link to your post!

Thanks!
                              Jan Bennett

Comment

Working...
                              X