XM Ignore list clears out after restart of streetdeck - 1.1.0.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XM Ignore list clears out after restart of streetdeck - 1.1.0.0

What version of StreetDeck is this bug report for?

Please give a basic description of the issue here.

XM Ignore list clears out after restart of streetdeck

Is the system that is listed in your CarPC specs under your user name the same system where you encountered this bug?

Yes
    If no, please describe your system here.

Are you able to reproduce this bug at will?

Yes
    Please list the steps required to recreate the issue you are reporting.

Please provide any relevent information regarding the issue you have encountered.

I can go into XM radio and ignore stations and as long as streetdeck stays open.. even through a hibernate or a standby.. the ignore list is fine.. however i I close streetdeck.. or restart my pc(which closes streetdeck)... the ignore list gets lost.
    Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

I forgot to add.. I am using a XM-direct with a serial cable.. and I have XM-direct compatibility checked in the settings...

I think it might have something to o with the order in which it does things.. it might check the ignore list too soon.. as in before it has finished updating the channel list from the XM-direct...
    Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

I've just tested this on my laptop with the USB Xm Adapter avaliable here on the store and I cannot recreate it.

I have SD set to close the program when I tell it to turn off. I even close the tray application before restarting SD. I will see if I can recreate it by completely restarting the laptop, not just SD.
      Jan Bennett
      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I wonder if it has something to do with the serial cable vs the USB interface then?...

Comment

Ok - I've just restarted my laptop and station 1 is still ignored on my system.

Now I have one more test to try. I'm going to remove power to the USB box to see if it's storing settings (I'm testing this on my test bench with my laptop...in the car I'd like to hook to ignition instead of constant).
          Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

my XM is powered off the ignition power... and I have a lot more than just 1 channel ignored... I did notice that every now and then when I go back in to ignore channels.. it would have remembered a random channel here and there that was on my previous ignore list ..

so this might be something more of a bug with a big ignore list?

Comment

Ok - removed power to the USB adapter and station 1 is still ignored.

Seems to be either a machine/user specific issue or that the serial cable doesn't handle this feature like it should.

We need to get someone else who has the same cable to test and confirm their results.

EDIT: I've also just unplugged USB and power to the device and the stations stay ignored.
              Jan Bennett

Comment

I am having the same exact problem with mine also. They channels sometimes default back and none are ignored, but most of the time it is just a channel or two that gets unignored.

Comment

Originally posted by dnatrance View Post
                  I am having the same exact problem with mine also. They channels sometimes default back and none are ignored, but most of the time it is just a channel or two that gets unignored.
                  are you using the serial cable or the USB one?

Comment

I am using the mp3car usb

Comment

do you have a lot of channels ignored? I have propably around 20-25 ignored

Comment

I've ignored 44 stations. I've made a list of all of the stations, I then went back and marked off the one's I had checked to ignore. I rebooted, etc then went back and checked all 246 channels and compared the ignored ones with the ones on my list. It all lines up like expected.
                        Jan Bennett

Comment

I can reproduce this every time now... I ignored channeld that XM are not broadcasting.. for example channels 18 and 19 among others ...

when I ignore those.. my ignore list gets messed up and doesnt get saved when I exit streetdeck... if I only ignore valid XM channels... the ignore list function works perfectly as expected

so I guess the bug needs to changed.. but I have a workaround for now

Comment

I will do some more investigation tomorrow. As far as shutting down, hibernate, cutting the power ect ect.

Will let you know what I get.

also, I will try it with a few channels and a bunch.

Comment

Please retest with the latest release and report back with your findings: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/1151243-post25.html
                              Jan Bennett

Comment

Working...
                              X